Feedback

Hi all, new to the board and a little overwhelmed. Couple of feedback items I wanted to suggest:
- I was looking to provide the team with some feedback. In the app, I selected 'browser' as the feedback type and it launched me to an empty browser screen and I had no way to change it and provide feedback. I looked all over the web site and could not find an area to provide feedback. 
- I would like to manually change the order of my notebooks in the left hand column without using workarounds such as underscores to move items to the top. Is there a setting I can change for this? 
- Not sure what your analytics are telling you in terms of usage of the 'tasks' feature, but I don't find having to click twice to create a note very helpful. Small thing, but the this is 'Evernote' not 'Evertask'. Feel you should just create a task list by creating a note and adding tasks, not by forcing two clicks at the start. 

Thanks and I enjoy your product. 

• Level 5
9 hours ago, pzellner said:

Hi all, new to the board and a little overwhelmed. Couple of feedback items I wanted to suggest:
- I was looking to provide the team with some feedback. In the app, I selected 'browser' as the feedback type and it launched me to an empty browser screen and I had no way to change it and provide feedback. I looked all over the web site and could not find an area to provide feedback. 
- I would like to manually change the order of my notebooks in the left hand column without using workarounds such as underscores to move items to the top. Is there a setting I can change for this? 
- Not sure what your analytics are telling you in terms of usage of the 'tasks' feature, but I don't find having to click twice to create a note very helpful. Small thing, but the this is 'Evernote' not 'Evertask'. Feel you should just create a task list by creating a note and adding tasks, not by forcing two clicks at the start. 

Thanks and I enjoy your product. 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. These are primarily user-to-user, so you're not really addressing Evernote directly. The feedback link in the app is basically mailto:feedback@evernote.com, or the like, and it should open a new email in your default email program. If (like me) you don't have one, you get a browser window with a blank stare. You could try that email address to submit your suggestions, which personally I think are good ones. But the ability to arrange notebooks manually has been proposed for quite a long time, and so far has not seemed to get any traction with Evernote. Search the forums for existing threads on it.

Just double-click on the "new" button to open a new note -- just like you would in Windows to open any program from the desktop.  You don't need to wait for the 'Task / Note / etc. to appear... just a click-click as fast as you can, and you'll have your new note.

Vinnie

• 7 months later...

The behavior of the search box which is acts like a button is confusing and flies in the face of every user interface design philosophy I know. Don't mix your visual metaphors. Please and thank you!  ;-)

7 hours ago, joetirio said:

The behavior of the search box which is acts like a button is confusing and flies in the face of every user interface design philosophy I know. Don't mix your visual metaphors. Please and thank you! 😉

The failure to include any indication of the platform or version of the software you are using flies in the face of every user forum protocol I know.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I have used Evernote forever ten years and am shocked at how poor the customer service has become. All my notes have disappeared and Evernote has not replied to any of my 5emails to them about the issue

• Level 5*
On 8/30/2024 at 5:33 AM, flute said:

I have used Evernote forever ten years and am shocked at how poor the customer service has become. All my notes have disappeared and Evernote has not replied to any of my 5emails to them about the issue

Hi.  See here - links to Support are included... https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/27915865308691-My-notes-are-missing-Content-looks-different-after-logging-in