Update installed...but nothing new in release notes (EN desktop app for Mac)

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

I got the notification that 10.61.10 (Evernote desktop app for Mac) was available and I installed it. The release notes (once again) only speak about AI-powered search coming soon.

Was there anything new for us end users to know about?

Not getting some insight into the reason for an update is disappointing.

• Like 2

Evernote post-v10 had already embraced the Release Early, Release Often philosophy. Bending Spoons has taken that to the next level -- especially the last couple of months. I generally don't have an issue with it as I have a fairly fast internet connection and also because updates are downloaded and staged behind-the-scenes now.

Back to the topic of the 10.61.10, Bending Spoons should have added more information in the release notes and mentioned what @agsteele answered -- that it was a release to enable the AI Search and that the switch for it was being rolled out on an account level basis and that it would happen to your account over the next month or so. I was confused about it initially as well.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Boot17 said:

and also because updates are downloaded and staged behind-the-scenes now.

You still have to restart the app which is annoying. All my minimized windows pops up on one desktop (I have them spread out on three desktops/workspaces) so I need to minimize the ones I don't use again and sort them to the right space.

53 minutes ago, loynis.armitage said:

You still have to restart the app which is annoying.

Yes I have to restart, but I can restart at my convenience. If I never restart, then I never update. If I close the app at the end of the day, then it auto-installs and only takes a few seconds longer for startup in the morning.