Permissions Lost message on Search

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

When I search I get the message block "Permissions lost you no longer have access to the XXX notebook" where XXX is the name of the notebook I currently have open.

However, I can open the Personal notebook and scroll through its contents.

If I select the Notebook Stack then the search works OK.

Version info in attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-08-23 175218.png

@PinkElephant@Dave-in-Decatur

You guys post this "need to update" response like all we have to do is request the update. However, when I go to help->check for updates, I get

You’re up to date!

Evernote 10.59.5 is currently the newest version available.

How does one go about getting 10.60.4? There is no separate item on the Help menu to force an update.

Edited by wrishel
add addressees
  • Level 5
22 hours ago, wrishel said:

@PinkElephant@Dave-in-Decatur

You guys post this "need to update" response like all we have to do is request the update. However, when I go to help->check for updates, I get

You’re up to date!

Evernote 10.59.5 is currently the newest version available.

How does one go about getting 10.60.4? There is no separate item on the Help menu to force an update.

I apologize for making an assumption. The new version has been out for so long that I just assumed that it would be available to you through the Evernote app. Did you by any chance get Evernote from the Windows Store instead of directly from Evernote? That might possibly explain the unavailability of the update. Anyway, @agsteele has provided the link to download the current version from Evernote directly.