Notes self destruct as I type

This started a few weeks ago. Intermittent. 

I start editing a note and other parts of the note self destruct. See example on file attached.

Obviously this ruins your enitre app for me as it is worse than useless in this condition. I can't tell you how badly this is messing me up.

Any ideas? nothing to reinstall since this occurs on my windows instance of Evernote primarily, but I see the results on my mac, my iOS devices etc.

Also - how can I submit a help ticket to Evernote? It's almost as if they don't want to know.

Evernote bug.pdf

Edited by Neomorpheus
added file
  • Level 5*

Hi.  No disrespect,  but I don't open attachments from new(ish) members.  If you have some images,  please drag and drop into your post.

It doesn't appear to be the general experiece that notes randomly rearrange themselves - what are the devices that you're using?  Please list device, OS, and Evernote version in each case.

I most frequently see the issue when using a Windows 10 machine and the web client.

The problem syncs to two iOS devices and two MacBooks, any of which could be used but less frequently. All are updated to the most recent version automatically.

BTW you call me a new(ish) member - maybe new to the forum but I've been using Evernote for maybe 10 years!

Some more perhaps relevant information. 

Several times now I've abandoned this particular note by copying the contents to a new note, trying to replace what was lost, and moving forward. with the new note.  worked for awhile, then the problem comes back. Repeat x 4. Currently, I'm on a new note and typed everything in it instead of pasting.

• Level 5

Actually from the pdf file I can’t see anything.

You can contact support - with your number of devices I assume you are on a subscription.

You could have reached Support yourself through the help function of your client - but I agree it may not be obvious.

In a case like yours support will usually ask for a screen recording.
  • Level 5
20 hours ago, Neomorpheus said:

This started a few weeks ago. Intermittent. 

I start editing a note and other parts of the note self destruct. See example on file attached.

Obviously this ruins your enitre app for me as it is worse than useless in this condition. I can't tell you how badly this is messing me up.

Any ideas? nothing to reinstall since this occurs on my windows instance of Evernote primarily, but I see the results on my mac, my iOS devices etc.

Also - how can I submit a help ticket to Evernote? It's almost as if they don't want to know.

Evernote bug.pdf 27.14 kB · 6 downloads

What version of the Evernote Windows app are you on? The latest is v. 10.60.4, which is supposed to have fixed some of these issues. If you don't have that yet, and your app isn't offering to update, you can download it directly from https://evernote.com/download. If you're already on v. 10.60.4, please see this post from Evernote, requesting information from people using that version and suffering loss of content:

Thanks for the ideas and the link to support. I am in touch with someone who will help me troubleshoot. Screen video isn't my priority when data is literally disappearing in front of my eyes, but I'll see what I can do ;). And it's intermittent.

Pink - I can see the pdf fine in my original email (it's basically a couple of words split into one bullet for each of the letters, repeats a bunch of letters, and it deletes bullets; I don't detect a pattern of when/how it occurs other than it's on a note that get's 95% of my time. When it does occur it's a panic to save more data from getting lost (screen shots, copying)

Dave in D - the problem always (usually?) occurs using a Web Client (no version for that right?)

• Level 5
19 hours ago, Neomorpheus said:

Dave in D - the problem always (usually?) occurs using a Web Client (no version for that right?)

Ah. Yes, there is no way to force an update (or go back to an earlier version) for the Web client. It tends to update itself whenever there's a new release. To see what version you're on, click Need a little help? at bottom left, and then Release notes.