Slow to respond or Not Responding

Hi there. 

I have been using Evernote for so many years. And recently I joined a new company and received a laptop. As usual, I downloaded EN and logged in using my old account. However, when using on this laptop, it's always slow to respond. 

1. When I click on EN, the cursor appears after 10 seconds or so. 

2. When I scroll up or down, it takes 10 seconds to respond. 

3. AND the worst of all, half of the times the window freezes with "Not Responding" on the top, and it lasts for about 10 seconds before responding. 

4. When I type, it's slow to input as well. 

5. When I showed this to the company IT department, it was working fine! After working on it for 20min, it's slow again. The issue is on and off, and most of the time the issue is on. The IT people told me the company's security system never blocks note-taking programs. 

I already tried so many methods: delete it (registry as well) and reinstall it, logging out and in, empty the trash, clear the cache on my phone. The issue remains. 

Is there any solution to this? Please help, thank you. 

Hi there. sorry for not responding for a few days. 

The version is: 10.60.4-win-ddl-public(20230803182206)

Editor: v176.4.0

Service: v1.71.1 

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

It was downloaded from the website of Evernote. But I tried the store app as well, and it's the same. 

I also tried a version downloaded from the Chinese official website - interesting thing is, there is no issue with using it. But the only problem is that although logged in using the same account, the note doesn't synchronize. It was blank. 

And I started to wonder if it's the company's security programs' fault. Because when I was trying OneNote, it is slow as well. 

Please let me know your opinion. Thanks a million! 

• Evernote Expert

The Chinese service is not connected to Evernote. It was separated some years ago.

Which subscription plan are you on? If on the Free plan how many devices are you using?

Have you tried the web client? Does this have the same issue?

3 hours ago, Eileen Xie said:

I also tried a version downloaded from the Chinese official website - interesting thing is, there is no issue with using it.

Are you located anywhere behind a firewall that prioritizes connections to China and|or slows down connections to outside China?

We had a Discussion around the chinese version from EN-Yinxiang last month. Whilst doing some tests with this version I had the opposite experience: Connections to EN are quite fast, connections to China veeeeeery slow...

On 8/18/2023 at 3:38 PM, agsteele said:

The Chinese service is not connected to Evernote. It was separated some years ago.

Which subscription plan are you on? If on the Free plan how many devices are you using?

Have you tried the web client? Does this have the same issue?

Hi, 

I am on the free plan, and using two devices. 

I tried the web version, but the web version was okay. (But when i was trying it, it counts it as one time changing the device, so i cant use it on the web this month). I am thinking about using the web from next month. 

On 8/18/2023 at 5:56 PM, AlbertR said:

Are you located anywhere behind a firewall that prioritizes connections to China and|or slows down connections to outside China?

We had a Discussion around the chinese version from EN-Yinxiang last month. Whilst doing some tests with this version I had the opposite experience: Connections to EN are quite fast, connections to China veeeeeery slow...

Hi there, 

My company's security software doesn't prioritize connections to China. 

I think it's probably not the connection problem, cuz in my case, it's the opposite. lol The Chinese EN-Yinxiang works very fine on my company PC, but the English version doesn't. I'm starting to believe it's just the company's security software intervening the application. 

• Level 5

These are 2 different companies, with different software and each one with their own server structure.

The comparison is pointless.

Every but of data stored on a Chinese server is open for the local authorities to read, copy and literally do everything they want. If it is clever to use it for commercial information is up to yourself - I doubt you should.