feedback menu item opens browser, doesn't navigate to feedback url

Using feedback item under help, the browser opens, but no webpage is sent to it. Just a blank browser.
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22621.1555]
Evernote 10.59.5-win-ddl-public (5236)

For me (on MacOS version 10.60.4-mac-ddl) the Help / Share Feedback opens a browser window with a "mailto:feedback@evernote.com" link.

image.png.58da93093d28aaab08d81aa4965fa1d2.png

My (Chrome) browser then replaces that with a gmail compose URL.

image.png.9da914b489c8d8adfb07d4a59a363031.png

I suspect it's trying to do something similar for you, except maybe your browser doesn't know what your default mail program is so it can't open it? I dunno -- just a guess.

In any case, didn't they use to have some kind of a survey web-page for the share feedback option? Looks like maybe that is gone now and they want people to just email feedback to feedback@evernote.com 

• Evernote Expert

Yes, the same for me on Windows.  It just opens a blank Email addressed to feedback@evernote.com

This now provides an option for those who wish to send Email feedback direct to Evernote although no response should be anticipated. Better than the previous feedback survey I think.

• Like 1

There is no feedback page anymore -- at least currently. Send feedback to feedback@evernote.com

The take-away here though is that the way this is being handled -- to auto-open the users default email and pre-populate a new compose email window with feedback@evernote.com as the recipient -- is not working for some users. There is nothing that fellow users can do to help with this as each persons's setup/configuration will be so varied.

Perhaps Evernote should just popup a message box that says "Send feedback to feedback@evernote.com" instead of trying to do what they are doing now.

One could open a ticket with Evernote support about this if one cared enough. (Or perhaps send an email to feedback@evernote.com to tell them their feedback process is broken for you! 😉)

To be more clear in my screenshots above, this is the "page" that gets opened. It's a default new email compose window in my default email provider (which happens to be gmail in my case)

image.png.759ba2205c3369d72ceb4ab870c02e16.png

• Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, meingraham said:

Same here, just opens Chrome to a blank tab... and Chrome is not my default browser. It should open the intended feedback page, AND it should respect the default browser setting on the PC.

10.60.4-win

There's is no feedback page. It is an Email link. So likely you have a default link between Emails and Chrome in the Windows default app settings.

• 7 months later...

This problem still exists as of this post. Selecting Help > Share feedback from menus on desktop app switches to browser but only last browser tab I was on, ie no new tab.

macOS 11.7.10, Chrome 122.0.6261.129, using Gmail as default email

• Level 5
On 3/21/2024 at 10:36 AM, stampy said:

This problem still exists as of this post. Selecting Help > Share feedback from menus on desktop app switches to browser but only last browser tab I was on, ie no new tab.

macOS 11.7.10, Chrome 122.0.6261.129, using Gmail as default email

Kindly read almost any reply in this thread for what's going on.