Attachments no longer uploading [using either Windows 10.59.5-win-ddl-public (5236) or web]

[apologies for placing this topic in two forums; I'm really hoping that doubles the chance of someone having a solution]

This problem has been intermittent, except for the past 24 hours or so, during which I have been absolutely unable to create notes to which I attach PDFs. These sorts of notes constitute something like 50% of my use of Evernote and haven't been a problem for as long as I can remember (I have been using Evernote a lot longer than the 2017 shown on my profile).

If I try to attach from the Windows app, I get a pop-up (attached) saying the attachment failed. If I try from the web, the attachment shows until I go to another note and come back, in which case it just shows "untitled attachment" (also attached).

Does anyone have any insights for this problem? Thank you in advance of any solutions you can propose. I hope everyone is having a better day than I am.

failed attachment showing Evernote on the web.jpg

unable to load from Windows 10 App.jpg

14 minutes ago, Horace_NYC said:

[apologies for placing this topic in two forums; I'm really hoping that doubles the chance of someone having a solution]

I'm not sure that it doubles your chances (and I think it's against forum rules to double-post).

I scan the forums for new posts using this URL https://discussion.evernote.com/discover and it shows me this:

image.png.6a66934e6b6c9b86fd9ec7ac15e010f1.png

I suspect most regular Forum users use that same URL.

• Like 1

Thank you. I didn't mean to break the rules. I just tried to delete on of these posts, but I'm afraid I don't see a way to do that. And no, I'm not at my limits. It's definitely an intermittent problem, since I was just able to attach an image (on the third try) to a note from the Windows app.

And thank you for the link. That is most helpful.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, Horace_NYC said:

just tried to delete on of these posts, but I'm afraid I don't see a way to do that.

Try the three dots menu in the top right corner of your post.  As your 'other' post didn't have any replies yet I deleted it anyway.  Please don't double post - there are only so many of us here looking at all new queries.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Regarding the "untitled attachment" label, I see that sometimes too, generally on attachments that I know for a fact have uploaded properly. Generally I think it means that the note I'm looking at has not really finished syncing (in the Android app), and if I switch away and come back or do a manual sync it will be OK.