High CPU usage by Evernote after waking up from hibernation

When I wake my computer from hibernation, Evernote taxes the processor at an average of 25%. I waited over an hour and it keeps working. I thought it was syncing. But after manually shutting down Evernote and restarting it, Evernote works for a while at about 10-15% and then only 0.2-0.5%. For now, it seems to me that there's some issue related to hibernation.

Evernote:
Screen_Capture_-_Jul_27__5_57_AM.png.93dea27058bcf37bff4a03e656ff3177.png

Yes, this is a problem on Windows - its hard to understand when and why it happens.  Since upgrading to 10.58 its happens less often, but has not gone away... for me, it will even continue (and Evernote processes keep running) after I close the windows.  I have to exit via the menu to be able to really close all Evernote processes..  Sigh.

2 hours ago, agsteele said:

Evernote ribs in the background to keep the sync stuff going

Not sure about this: Event after 3 days of re-installing EN10 it does not succeed to sync some notes. They're simply empty - only the headline is available in note list [*]. But my laptop fan comes up in unforeseen situations - together with EN10 occupying the CPU by 12-25% - without any reasonable LAN activity.

Maybe EN10 tries to establish a local index to speed up future searches?

[*] this is true for only a few notes and I saw it by accident. So around 99.9% of the notes a OK 😉

Yes. The local index takes time/energy to get in sync. I use tags a lot and experience out-of-date search indices many times up to a minute, frequently for more than 10 minutes. It is syncing/crunching, whatever. The symptoms are out-of-date search results and a very annoyed power user. Sync is (still) very slow and handicapping for me.

25% load sounds like you have q quad-core CPU and Evernote has a working thread on your system hanging/spinning out of control. Sometimes when Evernote is out of sync and badly usable, I restart it. Like @agsteele said, be aware it (at least on Windows) is running in the background, so right click the elephant at the Windows tray (little icons at the clock) and close Evernote from there.