Sorry to bring up the new pricing again but we in the US are getting ripped off it seems

Why is the cost in $US so much more than UK Pounds or any other currency on the list in the link below? I'm English but live in the US. 79.99 Pounds is about $100 US not $130 which is what my renewal will be if I carry on with a sub. 14 year user of Evernote

https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update

I did message them, but their response was it is what it is. I also emailed Bending Spoons twice without a reply. It was to their person "Federico" who had written the blog post

I'm ok with a price increase as long as it's inline with the other countries but I can get the professional version in the UK for the same price as Personal in the US. That doesn't seem fair.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

Fair or not, the prices have been set to reflect local pricing and economies.  Being the UK I may celebrate a somewhat cheaper price than the USA but claim a foul when I compare it to the price in, say, India. I'm sure that fairness wasn't high on the list of priorities when setting the new rates. Comercial considerations were inevitably more of an issue.

• Like 1

The new pricing is rather outrageous.  A 50% increase in one jump?  Gee. I'm sorry but the "reflect local pricing and economies" reasoning is a bit of horses***t.  Yes, I live in New York and our rents are the highest in the world I'm told.  But the logic that therefore I can absorb such an increase is insulting.  I'm spending all my money on rent and food. I like Evernote, and enjoy its organizational capabilities,  but have to determine if it is worth $144 a year to make lists.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
22 hours ago, slwest16 said:

The new pricing is rather outrageous.  A 50% increase in one jump?  Gee. I'm sorry but the "reflect local pricing and economies" reasoning is a bit of horses***t.  ....

...but have to determine if it is worth $144 a year to make lists.

I took out some text there,  but in general - you got that we're just other users here,  right?  Much sympathy if this seems unreasonable,  but we're not in a position to take any decisive action.  Raise a support ticket by all means,  but I doubt the new prices will change much...

...And "making lists"??  You're doing something very wrong if that's all you do... 

• Like 1
  • Level 5
23 hours ago, slwest16 said:

I like Evernote, and enjoy its organizational capabilities,  but have to determine if it is worth $144 a year to make lists.

Welcome to the forums. I sympathize. You might be able work within the limitations of a free account if you mainly use it for lists.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You guys are welcome with your emotions. However I sympathize more with the Swiss attitude to outrageous price levels: Just paid 25 Fränkli for a Bagel and a Coffee ? Yeah, that’s our price level, we can afford it ….

Talking about EN subscriptions: See the new prices as a chance: You find out where the real value of using EN lies for you - or you look for an alternative.

• Like 1

Everspoons pricing policy seems very unpredictable - which makes it difficult to find out if the value of the software is matching the costs (both money and time used for setup). Maybe they doubling the price again next year?

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

And maybe they ask their AI, who predicts that forum engaged is a positive metric for the individual price setting 😱

Probably so. People that have shown a positive and submissive attitude toward price increases are more likely to be willing to pay more again.

Bending Spoons has an individually differentiated pricing system in their other products, so it is obvious to think they will use that on Evernote too.

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, janndk said:

Bending Spoons has an individually differentiated pricing system in their other products, so it is obvious to think they will use that on Evernote too.

I prefer to deal with my problems if and when they actually occur,  rather than agonise about them in advance.  ...There is the thought though that the more expensive Evernote gets,  the more scope there is for the 'other' providers in the note-taking market to increase their charges.  The whole market could price itself into the 'luxury' class.  I'm investing in a stock of pencils and notebooks now in advance of the note-ocalypse...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I prefer to deal with my problems if and when they actually occur,  rather than agonise about them in advance.  ...There is the thought though that the more expensive Evernote gets,  the more scope there is for the 'other' providers in the note-taking market to increase their charges.  The whole market could price itself into the 'luxury' class.  I'm investing in a stock of pencils and notebooks now in advance of the note-ocalypse...

Totally agree. The expensive part of the note-taking market is likely to collapse soon, as there are so many new and better free/cheap alternatives popping up.

However, I don't have any problems with paying for a service - but the missing part here is the service. It doens' work. My EN subscription runs out during the next month.

At the moment I'm experimenting with TickTick+OneNote combi to replace Evernote.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, janndk said:

so many new and better free/cheap alternatives popping up.

Hmmn - the words "inexperienced", "insecure" and "fragile" occur to me here regardimg such products...

37 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn - the words "inexperienced", "insecure" and "fragile" occur to me here regardimg such products...

I think these apply quite well to the current situation in Evernote with the new owner 🤔😁

I don't have a problem with an increase. I expected it tbh but the Personal version costing as much as the Professional version if I was in the UK doesn't seem right. I use EN a lot but there (as with most things) is a price point where you look differently at things

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
17 minutes ago, janndk said:

I think these apply quite well to the current situation in Evernote with the new owner 🤔😁

Have to agree to totally disagree on that one.