Where the Synchronize button?(v10.56.8)

• Evernote Expert

V10 has never had a sync button on the desktop applications.

Since you created an event I presume that you created the event in Google Calendar. Calendars do not update immediately. You can expect calendar events to take an hour or more to appear inside Evernote. This is a Google limitation.

If I have misunderstood your issue please explain more. How are you creating the event? How do you expect it to synchronise?

• Evernote Expert

Ah. So not an event. My apologies.

Are you on a paid or free account?

If free then it is more of a nuisance to check. If paid account you can log in to Evernote via a web browser. Can you see the missing note in the web browser view? If so the problem is with the desktop. If the note is not present in the browser then the problem is with the mobile device.

If you are on a free account your will need to drop one off the devices you are currently using. I would suggest you sign out from your desktop app. Then go to your settings at evernote.com and ensure that you only have the mobile and web browser connected. You can then check whether the note is on the web.

Once you know which application is not synchronising you know where to pursue a solution. I would probably fully uninstall the mobile application if that isn't syncing. If it turns out that the desktop application is the problem then you have two choices. Switch to using the web browser or remove your Evernote data when you sign out and let it rebuild.

Whatever you do, be careful with a Free account. You can only have two devices live at any time. You can also only drop two in any month.

On 5/8/2023 at 9:21 AM, Nicholas Huang said:

1.  I use the Evernote app in my cellphone and create new note.

2.  Then, I wish laptop can real time sync up it, but it seems no happen.

I think this is an issue that they hope to improve soon.

Once a note is on each device, the updating is in real time. However, it can sometimes take a while for a new note created on one device to first show up on another. 

From https://toolfinder.co/news/evernote-interview :

Speaking of the fundamentals, we’re already planning our next major sync update, this time focusing on metadata. Currently, if you have the same note on multiple devices, the Real-Time Editing (RTE) technology will instantly render each keystroke you type across those devices. However, today when you create a new note on one device, it still takes a while to appear on the others, or on someone else’s device if you choose to share the note. There’s already a huge effort underway to solve this, and we intend to ship this metadata sync improvement in a few months.

• Like 2

I think the real time syncing still not stable.  I just added a photo on my phone, but the desk top keep syncing for more than an hour.

Do everything but no use. I think I need to rebuild the note.

螢幕截圖 2023-05-09 13.50.53.png

• Administrator
8 hours ago, romelden said:

I think the real time syncing still not stable.  I just added a photo on my phone, but the desk top keep syncing for more than an hour.

Do everything but no use. I think I need to rebuild the note.

Image syncing relies on both RTE sync and metadata sync, for which Boot17 gave a great answer here:

• Like 1
On 5/8/2023 at 4:25 AM, Nicholas Huang said:

Dear ALL

I use the v10.56.8 Evernote where the Synchronize button?

image.png.00467f61780821cf2a417e94d54276a7.png

You will find there is not one in 10.56.9 either!!!