Latest Evernote Update Did Not Break the App: A First?

I've been telling Evernote for five years that I am happy to come back as a paying subscriber if the following occurs:

1. The app works without major problems.

2. Updates don't break the app.

3. Help Desk is actually a thing, and Evernote actually acknowledges and fixes problems.

Feels like we're finally getting closer. 

• Like 1

#1 - Check.

#2 - Check. There have been over 60 releases of Version 10 and there was only one update where I looked for an old release to install because of a breaking change. I don't remember the details, and the app still worked, but there was some functionality that I needed that was broken. It was fixed just a couple of days later anyway. That seems like a pretty good track record to me.

#3 - Check. I had one engagement with Evernote Support. They recognized my issue and said they could reproduce it and said they'd get it fixed and then it was fixed some short time later. 

• Like 2

Hi, 

I just upgraded to:

10.56.8-win-ddl-public (4069)
エディタ: v168.1.20898
サービス: v1.68.4
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

and EN was broken; it wouldnt restart. So I had to delete and reinstalled it. Now it seems working ok.

I hope I dont have to go through this often. :( 

• Evernote Expert

Occasionally we see reports like this after a program update. It usually appears to be corrupted local data.

Reinstallation usually resolved the issue which doesn't return with any frequency.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, agsteele said:

Occasionally we see reports like this after a program update. It usually appears to be corrupted local data.

Reinstallation usually resolved the issue which doesn't return with any frequency.

I've also found that occassionaly I have been unable to restart when updating. A look at the Task manager (Windows) showed several EN processes running. Killing those allowed me to start the app normally with no issues. 

• Like 2