Maximizing window takes too long

Mystic

Idea

If you minimize the program to tray and expand it from there - no problem. But if you minimize to tray and expand by clicking on the icon on the taskbar or on the desktop, for example, it feels like the program first tries to start and opens only after a second or two. This is super slow, I have never seen this with other software. Yes, and with the old version (up to 10) this was not as far as I remember.
Incredibly annoying, please do something about it.

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Must be a Windows thing. On the Mac it's as fast as any other app that is already open. If I would turn off that fancy "expand to full window" animation, it would be even faster. But I like it 🤩

About this forum: Staff rarely shows by. You are free to drop anything here what you want - it just has a high likelihood that it will never be noticed, and even smaller that anybody will take action on it.

For feedback there is a feedback option in the clients, for bug reports there is support.

We don't say it's like it should - we just tell what is.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Mystic said:

Incredibly annoying, please do something about it.

Not possible from here - the Forums are supported mainly by other users and we have no idea what version of Windows or v10 you have.  If you're a subscriber please contact Support with full details. 

I've used Evernote and Windows for over 15 years and have never experienced this effect,  so I'd suggest you try a full uninstall / restart / reinstall and carry out any general system maintenance you can - this probably is not an Evernote issue.

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Not possible from here - the Forums are supported mainly by other users and we have no idea what version of Windows or v10 you have.  If you're a subscriber please contact Support with full details. 

I've used Evernote and Windows for over 15 years and have never experienced this effect,  so I'd suggest you try a full uninstall / restart / reinstall and carry out any general system maintenance you can - this probably is not an Evernote issue.

I am a system engineer in an Internet provider, I have a specialized education, I have been in IT for 10 years and not a cheap computer. Or you did not understand what I mean or something else went wrong. Here is a video, still is not an Evernote issue? This problem has always existed, on several computer configurations and on different versions of the operating system.

16 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi again.  I've been in IT for 40 years,  and I'm still just another user - talk to Support if you need help with this.

I do not need help. This thread is called "Product Feedback/Feature Requests". Ok?

This is not a community forum that I found on google, this is a forum that is listed on the company's official website. This problem exists on both home and office PCs and it has always been. Are you saying you don't have it? Neither for which I do not believe.

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Must be a Windows thing. On the Mac it's as fast as any other app that is already open. If I would turn off that fancy "expand to full window" animation, it would be even faster. But I like it 🤩

About this forum: Staff rarely shows by. You are free to drop anything here what you want - it just has a high likelihood that it will never be noticed, and even smaller that anybody will take action on it.

For feedback there is a feedback option in the clients, for bug reports there is support.

We don't say it's like it should - we just tell what is.

This is an Evernote thing for Windows. Other software like 1password, steam, chrome, razer synapse, etc. opens instantly from the tray.
But I understand you. Thanx.

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Do you have another app based on the Electron framework - I think MS Teams is one of them, and Slack ?

Yes, im using slack every day. Maximizing instantly. Seems the new 1password is also on Electron, everything is fine with it too.

• Level 5

Then support is the place to go.

I have accumulated 300 tickets over the years. So I would say: It improved with v10 - the faster release cycle makes it possible. But if (and when) an issue is tackled is another question. This one - honestly - will IMHO go to the bottom of the backlog, being neither damaging nor missing critical.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

go to the bottom of the backlog

Yeah, like the mandatory indentation between the code block and the horizontal bar. I have already reconciled, but I will try to write them. Thank you very much!

• Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, Mystic said:

If you minimize the program to tray and expand it from there - no problem. But if you minimize to tray and expand by clicking on the icon on the taskbar or on the desktop, for example, it feels like the program first tries to start and opens only after a second or two

I concur that the difference in time is perceptible but it isn't, for me, significant. Less than one second although I can see a difference.