Delete all emails from notes? Stop email feed?

I do not need to have my emails in my notes. They severely dilute my notes (I have 2,200 notes and have only been using this for a month). How do I: 

1. Clean up my notes by deleting/removing all emails?

2. Stop the email feed from coming into evernote?

Thanks in advance,

Tate

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. We are other users here, so there are limits on what we can suggest. It would be helpful to have more information. For instance, how are your emails getting into your notes? It sounds like they are being automatically forwarded to your Evernote account (to an address like username.a1b2c3d@m.evernote.com). Obviously stopping that in your email program would be a first step.

Also, on which platform do you mostly use Evernote: mobile app, desktop app, Web client?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Greenlight Tate said:

2. Stop the email feed from coming into evernote?

The thing that @Dave-in-Decatur mentioned first came to my mind as well: It sounds like they are being automatically forwarded to your Evernote account (to an address like username.a1b2c3d@m.evernote.com). Obviously stopping that in your email program would be a first step.

As far as I know, Evernote doesn't automatically set itself up with your email provider to get a copy of all your emails. I'm guessing this is probably something that you set up yourself -- probably years ago. So now you just need to undo it. This is going to vary based on who your email provider is.

9 hours ago, Greenlight Tate said:

1. Clean up my notes by deleting/removing all emails?

Find a note that is one of those email notes and look at who the 'Author' is. To do this, click the three dots '...' button in the top right of the note and then select "Note info". It will show like this:

image.png.d5bd7cdc814624a4f76cd06d9459a894.png

Now, copy the entire content in the 'Author' field.

Go to the search window in Evernote and enter the following -- replacing with the author from your note:

author:"John Smith <johnsmith@gmail.com>"

This will find all the notes that were forwarded from your email. You can then select them all and delete. Before deleting notes, make sure those are only the emailed notes that you are going to delete.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You can only receive emails that have explicitly send to your EN mail address. That's one reason why you shouldn't share it with anybody.

Either somebody has your email address and is sending them, or one of your email clients (or the server) must be set up in a way that it forwards the mails to your EN account. This is nothing EN can do by itself. There is no PULL on your mails, originating from EN servers.

You can go to your EN account overview page. On the first page of account settings, at the very bottom is the current EN email address. Beside is is a reset option. This will create a new EN mail address for your account. Mails send to the old one will go straight to mail heaven.

But you should try to find out where these mails originate. I wouldn't feel good myself if I knew my mails are send somewhere without me knowing how to stop it. But as explained above, this is nothing EN can influence at all.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Greenlight Tate said:

I don't believe that I am forwarding emails. I am synched with my google account. Would that be doing it?

Do you use gmail then? You might have set up Gmail to forward all your emails into Evernote.

To check, go to the Settings (top right hand corner, gear icon) in Gmail.

image.png.cc2ad7382945bdde4c7364c16e6cd722.png

Then click on "See all settings"

image.png.cd6e234a836390c8e9a70bc492321e6f.png

Then tap on "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" and look to see if you have something configured in the "Forward a copy of incoming mail" section.

image.png.1e988e62f891f85f26f2da8f9e46ea41.png

It's likely that you are forwarding to your Evernote email account. If so, just move the selection to "Disable forwarding"

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you use any form of automation?  I'm thinking of things like - 

1. IFTTT (If This Then That)
  2. Integromat
  3. Automate.io
  4. Workato
  5. Microsoft Power Automate

Which might be forwarding things for you...