Windows app constantly syncing

I have been an Evernote user for years and lately, it keeps saying "Synching changes" at the top of the screen but not finishing. I have not added anything major recently that would cause it to take a long time to sync. According to Speedtest.net, I have 177MB up and 155MB down, so I am pretty sure the network is not the issue. I've tried shutting down and rebooting.

Windows clientVersion: 10.54.4

image.thumb.png.f556b7f5b8342d2552ab2d317bf5370e.png

• Level 5

Could it be the local database was replaced ? In this case the client tries to rebuild it from the cloud.

Else it might be a data corruption causes a loop - it tries to sync, fails, and tries again, over and again. In this case your best option is probably to quit the client (not only close the window, really quit it from the menu) and contact support.

• 1 month later...

10.54 is very old.  Please update to 10.57.10.  10.55 introduced the auto-update fixes on launch of the application which will do a better job keeping users up to date.  Whenever you do run into really whacky problems that shouldn't be broken first thing to do is check for updates.  We are trying to get into a more rapid release cycle so that major problems won't be in the wild for long.  RTE made a number of fixes to synchronization that will help with note conflicts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 5:53 PM, PinkElephant said:

Could it be the local database was replaced ? In this case the client tries to rebuild it from the cloud.

Else it might be a data corruption causes a loop - it tries to sync, fails, and tries again, over and again. In this case your best option is probably to quit the client (not only close the window, really quit it from the menu) and contact support.

Thanks for the comments! Same here, I made changes on my local database, erased 3000 notes imported 3000... is it possible Evernote takes days to synchronize? Or would you recommend a fresh install?