Display a sort by location

Bilbo

Idea

I believe this option was previously available ... but not now !   

Now the search list can only be done by date or relevance ... by the way... how does one use "relevance"?

Anyway,  I want to sort a search list by location 

6 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

I believe this option was previously available

It's not only a feeling - it's true 😞
Moreover: EN10 does not allow to sort by reminder time and reminder done time! This last one cannot be displayed in list view.
All these are real show stoppers for me (to use EN10 as a successor of Legacy)

• Evernote Expert

I'm really not sure that sorting by location is entirely useful or intuitive whereas I do see that sorting by reminder time could be useful.  But each to his/her own...

It is still possible to search by location: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828-Use-advanced-search-syntax

Professional and Teams subscribers can also search within a particular distance of a location.

I think we may have fallen foul of Evernote's bizarre decision to sometimes refer to "notebook" as "location" while still managing to refer to location as an actual geographical place!

image.png.965a411b03dbb64b88fe286164bb5a1d.png

• Haha 1
On 3/29/2023 at 5:07 PM, agsteele said:

I'm really not sure that sorting by location is entirely useful or intuitive whereas I do see that sorting by reminder time could be useful.  But each to his/her own...

It is still possible to search by location: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828-Use-advanced-search-syntax

Professional and Teams subscribers can also search within a particular distance of a location.

Why assume that this is not useful, just because you don't do that? The purpose of flexible notebook and tag creation by the users themselves, is to allow them to configure their own personal workflow, so they might just have a very good reason to sort by location. I used to (very easily) check this way if my current title syntax was consistent for all active notes (the inactive ones stored in a separate notebook, could still have an aberrant syntax).

12 hours ago, agsteele said:

As I said in March, "each to his own."

... after stating that you're 'really not sure that sorting by location is entirely useful or intuitive'... so that's blowing hot and cold in one phrase. The force before v10, was its versatility. Everybody got to implement his own way of working. I read enough posts on this forum to understand that it got very, very hard for a lot of people, and I notice when problems get posted here, they quickly get marginalized for not working the way the non-complainers do. The address bar on my browser for this page says '...discussion.evernote.com...' What shall we discuss then? How wonderful and flawless this software is?