Evernote Helper is moving to different corners

Not a big thing, but wondering if others are seeing this and if I have control over it.

I am running Evernote Windows version 10.54.4 

The Evernote Helper has always appeared in the lower right corner of the screen.

Yesterday, it started appearing in the lower LEFT corner. 

I restarted the computer to see if that would have any effect. The Evernote Helper is now appearing in the UPPER LEFT corner of the screen.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Screenshot 2023-03-17 091108.png

• Level 5

Hmm, also v. 10.54.4, on Windows 10, and it's still bottom right for me. I almost never use this--and probably could use it more--so I don't really have an opinion on where it ought to pop up. Cursor position and recent screen-clicking has no effect on it. I declare meh.

• Evernote Expert

I've had some different ways of Evernote opening when I start my PC.  However, I think I had put this down to a Windows 11 update which affected several programs on my PC.  Mostly I was able to check a settings box to get things back to normal.

What I haven't worked out is whether the minor change with Evernote is due to the OS update or the latest Evernote update which arrived at more or less the same time.

Basically the change I see now is that previously, when I started my PC, Evernote would open with a window centred on the display area.  Now it seems to go to the position last used.  That's OK except that if I take my laptop away from the large desktop monitor and open it on my knees I have to drag the window to see it properly.

I'm still working out what might have changed.  Whatever, it is marginally inconvenient but not critical in anyway.

Glad to see it's not just me! 

I submitted a ticket on this. The initial response I got was that it had to do with the location on the taskbar. Well, I had not done anything with the taskbar. It went from being in the lower right to lower left to upper left and now back to the lower left.

For those who haven't used it, the Evernote Helper is so convenient. It's like the little memo pad that used to live by the phone during the pencil and paper days. Great place to jot ANYTHING and then clean it up later.

Strangely, if I double-click the white elephant in the tray, Evernote Helper opens at the bottom right of my screen.  If I invoke it with Control+Alt+H, it appears on the bottom left.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
4 hours ago, DrFrankBuck said:

Glad to see it's not just me! 

I submitted a ticket on this. The initial response I got was that it had to do with the location on the taskbar. Well, I had not done anything with the taskbar. It went from being in the lower right to lower left to upper left and now back to the lower left.

For those who haven't used it, the Evernote Helper is so convenient. It's like the little memo pad that used to live by the phone during the pencil and paper days. Great place to jot ANYTHING and then clean it up later.

1 hour ago, bmcl26 said:

Strangely, if I double-click the white elephant in the tray, Evernote Helper opens at the bottom right of my screen.  If I invoke it with Control+Alt+H, it appears on the bottom left.

Wow, literally all over the map! I find that either clicking the elephant in the tray or using Ctrl+Alt+H pops it up in the lower right.

@DrFrankBuck, I can't imagine what they mean by "location on the taskbar." Does anyone have a choice where the system tray is located on the taskbar??? I suppose depending on how many windows you have open and how wide your screen is, it could get a little cramped there toward the right end, but under no conditions does that tray show up on the left end! Does it?

7 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Wow, literally all over the map! I find that either clicking the elephant in the tray or using Ctrl+Alt+H pops it up in the lower right.

@DrFrankBuck, I can't imagine what they mean by "location on the taskbar." Does anyone have a choice where the system tray is located on the taskbar??? I suppose depending on how many windows you have open and how wide your screen is, it could get a little cramped there toward the right end, but under no conditions does that tray show up on the left end! Does it?

@Dave-in-Decatur Typo. I should have said "location OF the taskbar." But again, I had not moved the taskbar.

Based on what @bmcl26 said, I also found if I clicked the elephant head in the taskbar, the Evernote Helper would appear in the lower-right corner. If I used the keyboard shortcuts (which is what I do all the time), the Helper would appear in another corner.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I can't imagine what they mean by "location on the taskbar." Does anyone have a choice where the system tray is located on the taskbar??? I suppose depending on how many windows you have open and how wide your screen is, it could get a little cramped there toward the right end, but under no conditions does that tray show up on the left end! Does it?

No, the tray stays in the bottom right. The only thing moving is the Evernote Helper.