Switching from Google Authenticator to Bitwarden

Hi Evernoters,
I am tired of entering my 2FA all the time so I would to switch to Bitwarden. As I understand, with this password manager, you can fill in the login info with Ctrl+ L and the 2FA with Ctrl+V. 
It looks like only Google Authenticator is approved by Evernote. Is there any plan to approve Bitwarden as an Authenticator?

Also, is there a way to skip the 2FA authentification on a particular device, for instance, my main computer?

• Evernote Expert

I'm not sure that switching to a different authenticator will affect that. If Bitwarden simplifies the process then all you'd have to do is register Bitwarden as the autheticator you want to use and off you go.

• Evernote Expert

Just choose the Google Autheticator option but use one of the many others that are the same.  For example the Microsoft Authenticator produces the same stuff.  Try it and see.  The absolute worst thing would be to have to go back and start using the Google app.

I just disabled 2FA, logged out and in, and click on Set up 2 FA. Now, the only option I have is to receive a code by message. The option to choose an Authentificator is not present. See Screenshot. Any idea what is going on?Screenshot2023-02-201_04_38PM.png.ffb0911469f49fcbb92066e8f077a73d.png

• Evernote Expert
17 minutes ago, Phil2656 said:

¨The absolute worst thing would be to have to go back and start using the Google app.¨
Why are you saying that? Is there a problem with Google Authenticator?

Not at all. Nothing wrong in my view. That's what I mean. You've nothing to lose.

• Evernote Expert
3 minutes ago, Phil2656 said:

I just disabled 2FA, logged out and in, and click on Set up 2 FA. Now, the only option I have is to receive a code by message. The option to choose an Authentificator is not present. See Screenshot. Any idea what is going on?Screenshot2023-02-201_04_38PM.png.ffb0911469f49fcbb92066e8f077a73d.png

Looks like the previous screen has been jumped over.

I'd suggest log out. Remove Evernote cookies & cache. Restart browser and try again.

• Level 5
5 hours ago, Phil2656 said:

Thank you Pink but everytime I turn off my Chromebox, Evernote is asking for the 2FA, even if I check ¨remember for 30 days

everytime.

Just WRT this sub-issue, I don't use 2FA with Evernote (yet), but in my experience "remember me for 30 days" in the login process means "for 30 days, or until I restart the device." A new start might be a different user, I suppose.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Phil2656 said:

On which sort of plan are you - subscription or Free ?

• Level 5

OK, the reason I asked: On the Free plan, there is only mobile messaging available.

It may be you now need to go through the loop of setting SMS code first, and then get the option to set up an authenticator. But this is pure speculation - to be sure ask support.

Just to let you know that my problem is solved. 
Before showing the screen with the choice of Authentification apps, Evernote asks to enter a phone number in order to send a code. This made me think that 2 FA by message was the only option available. In fact, we have to enter the phone number in order to receive a code and only after that, we can see the choice of 2FA authentification apps. To me, it is confusing as no explanation is provided when the prompt to enter the phone number is popping up. 

Thank you again for your help.

• Thanks 1

I am having a problem setting up my 2-FA security.  Whenever I attempt to include this feature, I get a screen asking me to confirm my email account.  When I click on the dialog box, it takes me to my email.  When I am taken back to the earlier page, there is an error message "Internal error.  Please apply later".  

Am I doing something wrong?  If so, what do I need to correct?  Thanks!