EN Windows V10 all notes off line

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5

The offline database should be long downloaded by now. I have Gigabit internet at home, but it did download way slower. So I don’t think that a slower internet should be an issue.

For 46GB I would expect maybe a week until it is done, on anything with 25Mbit/s and upwards.

I have all my notes stored locally on phone and tablet. However it did not complete automatically. A few notebooks did not complete and has to be manually unset then reset to local storage. The situation for laptops may be different, can someone throw more light on this?

I've moved from legacy to newest version in januari. I use it on multiple computers. I find it horribly slow many times during many operations I do frequentlyI like PinkElephants suggestion of monitoring your data traffic from/to the app to see if it is finished syncing, and also I noticed after crash of one of my computers (BSOD) that Evernote can get damaged/out-of-sync and I simply have to reinstall. My whole DB of ~25GB takes days to resync after reinstalling/deleting data. Ctrl+R seems to trigger syncs I think.

• Level 5

Ctrl/Cmd-R does a „Reload“. Since v10 is based on a framework, which is a browser without front end, I believe we should think about it like a reload on a browser: It refreshes (loads) the current view, but it won’t start a full database download.

Just my 5ct. …

P.S. I have no issues on 2 Macs with EN being slow or anything like it. It is quite snappy, and does what I need it to do.

• Like 1

I have installed the latest version and still having problems with an incomplete EN offline DB. When I get fast internet and PLENTY (numerous days) of time I'll delete the local DB and recreate it.

Thanks for the comments

Doc