Recently updated to a "Personal" account. Spent 45 minutes trying to save a web article unsuccesfully!!!

I recently updated to a "Personal" account from years on the free plan. Spent 45 minutes just now attempting to save a web article, unsuccessfully and I gave up. To put it simply, all the "improvements" appear to have made Evernote unusable? What am I missing?

50 minutes ago, Imageman said:

I recently updated to a "Personal" account from years on the free plan. Spent 45 minutes just now attempting to save a web article, unsuccessfully and I gave up.

I didn't think there was any difference for saving a web article between the 'Personal' plan and the 'Free' plan. So if you are having issues on Personal with it, it is no different from issues you would have had on the Free plan. (I'm not totally sure about that though -- because while I use Evernote all day every day, I've only used the Web Clipper a handful of times (from a Desktop browser and have never had an issue with it). I know many say Evernote has the best Web Clipper, but that's not a feature that I've ever had much need for.)

52 minutes ago, Imageman said:

To put it simply, all the "improvements" appear to have made Evernote unusable? What am I missing?

I know you've probably got a lot of thoughts and frustration in your head about it, but all you've mentioned so far only boils down to: "I can't get the web clipper to work (with no details given) and this appears to be caused by all the new features that make Evernote unusable".

• Like 2
  • Level 5

@Imageman There is no difference between the plans in how clipping works. The only difference is that when clipping on a Free account, you can consume the upload limit rather quick. 60MB isn’t much when sites contain a lot of elements like pictures.

To take a look you should answer the above question of device and browser. Post the URL of the website as well - some pages actively try to prevent being clipped.

• Like 3