Evernote Help no longer working

• Level 5*

Hi.  Seems a fairly self-explanatory message;  you're attempting to copy a page that has too many elements for Clipper to handle.  Can you use copy selection to get part of it,  take a screenshot to see the whole page in one,  or 'print' the page to PDF?  If you're a subscriber it's worth sending the URL to Support (who are not us) for information,  or you could post it here to see whether we can suggest any alternatives.

If you are using the Legacy version,  you could also try the same thing in v10 - as you probably know Legacy is no longer supported.

• Level 5*

...And I merged your two posts together because I'm guessing they refer to the same issue.  Please don't post more than once...

If you can quote your Support ticket number here,  I'll flag it for an Admin to look at,  but please bear in mind that the world generally goes crazy around this time of year with everyone on holiday and only a few staff left to deal with queries.  Delays can happen...

12 minutes ago, gazumped said:

...And I merged your two posts together because I'm guessing they refer to the same issue.  Please don't post more than once...

If you can quote your Support ticket number here,  I'll flag it for an Admin to look at,  but please bear in mind that the world generally goes crazy around this time of year with everyone on holiday and only a few staff left to deal with queries.  Delays can happen...

Thanks, Gazumped. It's Ticket# 3616416

I created two separate topics because one is about clipping and the other one is about the quality of service. 

26 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Seems a fairly self-explanatory message;  you're attempting to copy a page that has too many elements for Clipper to handle.  Can you use copy selection to get part of it,  take a screenshot to see the whole page in one,  or 'print' the page to PDF?  If you're a subscriber it's worth sending the URL to Support (who are not us) for information,  or you could post it here to see whether we can suggest any alternatives.

If you are using the Legacy version,  you could also try the same thing in v10 - as you probably know Legacy is no longer supported.

have this issue with all pages, for clipping 5 words or 5 pages. CloudHQ sync is neither working anymore. 

On 12/20/2022 at 2:54 PM, gazumped said:

I flagged the ticket - lets see if Admin can come up with anything...

Is this normal that I have not received any reply for 20 days after multiple times reaching out to help and now through forum? 

• Evernote Expert

You have received the help through the forum that is expected. A user has responded.

It is not normal to get no response from a support ticket. 1st line support typically responds within 48 hours.

You are now in the Christmas/New Year holidays so responses will not appear much over the next 10 days. I understand that the Evernote office started its holidays earlier this week.

I notice that you mention that CloudHQ had a similar issue. If you have two unrelated applications giving trouble then If investigate what they have in common.

You should probably open a new ticket after 1 January and see if that gets done progress unless, of course, you get a response on the meantime.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, agsteele said:

1st line support

They replied but have no answers. They have no idea why the next level up is not replying and reply with the traditional yadayada (overloaded with requests). I started with this issue in the first week of December, so putting it on the holiday season neither makes Sense to my opinion. It's been 4 weeks with no reply from second line support and that after several time contact with 1st line support and now on forum. It has been escalated as urgent but still nothing. I am 10+ years with EN, this has never happened to me before. Clearly something is going on. Yes for personal use I still use Legacy but for support I use the latest update. So, neither can be the reason. Clipping no longer working and I have notes on legacy that are still in Sync mode. Because of issues with CloudHQ I deleted some 60.000 notes (still in trash) and wanted to start all over again with sync. After that trouble started. 

• Level 5
On 12/20/2022 at 1:44 PM, pansovic said:

all sites are problematic and I have the problem with Legacy version and the latest 10.50.10 version

We had this before, but it was always a certain URL. Some pages seem to try to block clipping (maybe to make a paywall effective) and seem to lead the clipping process into a sort of loop. This ends up with too many elements loaded into the clipper, and the clipper exiting.

BTW the installed client does not play a role. WebClipper clips into the API, directly to the cloud server. The clients get the content from there.

For hard core cases like this I use a little menu bar helper tool on my Mac, called Shottr. It has the ability to make a "rolling screenshot", which means it clips an image and moves the selection like real life scrolling. The result is a long (sometimes very long) picture file, containing everything that showed on the screen.

Since EN performs an OCR on picture files (and iOS / MacOS does it now as well), the result is searchable. I prefer web clipper, but if a page is blocking it, this is my way to solve the issue.

We did not have the problem in the forum with multiple websites yet, as far as I can remember.

Thanks, but I never had any issues with clipping for 10+ years. I think it is related to me deleting 60.000 notes from the 80.000. Then the problem started. The reason I have so many notes is because I was synchronizing with Cloudhq and had issues which I was solving with them and was syncing multiple folders, etc. 

However, the problem now is that Evernote Support is no longer working. That never happened to me. And that is a severe problem because if there is no longer support then we are running a serious risk of getting into trouble with our notes. 

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, pansovic said:

I think it is related to me deleting 60.000 notes from the 80.000.

Do you still have those deleted notes in your Trash notebook?  Emptying the Trash might speed up your account(s).  Don't know exactly how you deleted that many notes,  but if - as I gather from your other comments here - you're using both Legacy and v10,  remember that changing a large body of notes means processing a major update to your account - one which has to be synced to and from the server multiple times as the databases for both versions try to stay up to date.  Evernote can probably identify the server where your data is stored from the heat it's generating!

19 minutes ago, pansovic said:

if there is no longer support

Evernote has 200M + users and -understandably- doesn't have a return-of-email support policy.  When you raise your ticket,  you get a number which puts you in a queue for 1st line support.  If they can't fix the issue,  it  gets bounced to a 2nd line who will investigate.  2nd line are inevitably busy,  and if your issue is not easily duplicated it might take a week or two to come back with answers - or more likely,  more queries.

Support has dealt with several of my issues this year and they were resolved satisfactorily.  At least one was me being dumb.  As we're at the year end when 90+% of the world takes a holiday,  it's not surprising that responses are very slow.

3 hours ago, agsteele said:

You should probably open a new ticket after 1 January

I have to disagree with my colleague here - I used to run an IT support team,  and I hated duplicate tickets.  Worst case,  someone would start working a new issue and waste a few hours until it was recognised as a duplicate.  Best case - the new ticket gets linked with the old one and the team continues as before,  having wasted 'only' some admin time in linking the two.  Additional tickets are just an extra load a busy team doesn't need!

In conclusion I'd say your account needs some quiet time to catch up.  I'd suggest you choose either v10 or Legacy and keep the other version closed until you've cleared the Trash and are sure that both you and the server have the same data.  Then open the other version and leave it time to catch up.

Meantime I'm not at all sure your clipper issue has anything at all to do with the above.  As PE noted,  clipper talks to the server,  not your local account.  It could be that the server is busy catching up with your major maintenance (I don't yet have 60,000 notes,  but my database is around 30GB so syncing a similar volume of changes back and forth to two accounts is going to take some time!)

Please be patient until the Support team get back to you - if you don't hear by early next year (about 5 working days away),  a reminder email is reasonable,  but like my logo says - don't panic;  the team will respond as soon as they can.

16 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Do you still have those deleted notes in your Trash notebook?

Yes and I do not want to delete them before I know everything is working as it should. All (web, desktop version 10:50:10 , android) got synced accordingly, except for some notes on legacy that are still in sync mode

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, pansovic said:

after a month still nothing, not even queries. That's why I am concerned. 

Your first post here was on Tuesday,  when you mentioned 2 weeks without contact.  Since then you've said that the issue was bounced up to 2nd line support,  so obviously you've had some feedback on this at some time.  There are about 6 working days left in this year,  so while it would be much more convenient of things happened faster,  I'm sure the team is doing as much as it can.  They will get around to you.  Sometimes it just takes a while!

13 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Your first post here was on Tuesday,  when you mentioned 2 weeks without contact.  Since then you've said that the issue was bounced up to 2nd line support,  so obviously you've had some feedback on this at some time.  There are about 6 working days left in this year,  so while it would be much more convenient of things happened faster,  I'm sure the team is doing as much as it can.  They will get around to you.  Sometimes it just takes a while!

For the record, the first request by chat I made on December 3. Without holidays until now that are exactly 15 working days that I have received not a single contact from the 2nd line of support. The only feedback that I have received is from 1st line support and this forum. And the reply is always the same: we can't help you. You only must have patience until the 2nd line wakes up. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, pansovic said:

exactly 15 working days that I have received not a single contact

...all of which suggests that 2nd line are having trouble replicating your issue,  or have done so and are tring to find out how to fix it.  I'm not doubting your timeline or your frustration,  but in some cases it just takes time to resolve issues.  3-4 weeks is not usual,  but  it doesn't indicate some kind of breakdown in society.  I flagged your ticket,  but the Admins here are probably a skeleton staff by now.  Nothing is going to happen until the latter part of next week at the earliest.