Unable to add attachments to Evernote

Hello, 

I am unable to attach any attachments or photos to a note. I always get the same error message: "Something went wrong when adding your attachment", then "Unable to upload: One or more attachments could not be uploaded. A copy has been saved to your local system.". 

Any chance anyone has a fix for this? I am using Windows 10, and my "trash" is empty. I have tried multiple sizes of attachments, none work. 

I am a premium user and purchased 2 weeks ago. I have NEVER been able to upload an attachment since the purchase.

Thanks,

STM

Even Free users can attach any kind of file to a note as long as it is under 25 MB (or combined 25 MB total for the whole note). Professional users can attach any kind of file to a note up to 200 MB (or combined 200 MB for the whole note).

Since you are a paying member, I'd issue a ticket to support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

(You don't get technical support in the forums, just suggestions and help from other users.)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Yep - I use attachments a lot (also on a professional account) and I haven't noticed any issues,  even with large PDF files pushing the 200MB limit.  Obviously large files take a little while to sync,  so a busy or intermittent connection might hiccup a bit...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hoss_Boss said:

I have am having a similar issue with attachments when I'm trying to copy screenshots/gifs from one note to another. I keep getting the attachment error gray box.

I get that sometimes too. Not all the time, but sometimes.

It seems to me, that for for some reason, Evernote does not want to display those attachments inline, even though it should be able to since it's just a png and a gif. The file sizes of 611 kB and 3 MB show that the content is there. If you were to double click on the attachment, your computer should open them in the default viewer for that file type and then you can copy (and/or export) from the default viewer back to Evernote. (At least that has always worked for me.)

I have the same issue, I am doing practice notes of something I am studying and need to attach some images and I get the same response. I have Evernote Personal (paid) and I am trying to attach a 107 kb image on my desktop app, and I am getting the same error. Few days ago Evernote kept installing an update and I think the error is since then.

• Evernote Expert

There are a number of reports of issues affecting some users copying images from one note into another.

If the issue is with external images into a note with an updated installation I would recommend a clean uninstall using a program like Revo Uninstaller on Windows (similar for Mac). If that doesn't resolve the issue then as a paid user you have access to tech support directly.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 12:39 AM, agsteele said:

There are a number of reports of issues affecting some users copying images from one note into another.

If the issue is with external images into a note with an updated installation I would recommend a clean uninstall using a program like Revo Uninstaller on Windows (similar for Mac). If that doesn't resolve the issue then as a paid user you have access to tech support directly.

I just tried this it didn't work unfortunately. It only affects me when I try and copy and attachment or gif from one note to another not when I add new attachments  

• Level 5

There is a certain problem with the Windows client, at least it is reported from time to time.

As a workaround, drag the attachments to the desktop, drop them there. Then pick them up again, and move them to the new destination.

Not sure if this solves the problem, I'm on a Mac.

23 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

There is a certain problem with the Windows client, at least it is reported from time to time.

As a workaround, drag the attachments to the desktop, drop them there. Then pick them up again, and move them to the new destination.

Not sure if this solves the problem, I'm on a Mac.

Tried this too, for jpeg I can take a screen shot of the pic and then past it in the note again but no luck for gifs