Evernote 10.48/10.42 updates today - 3 November 2022

• Evernote Expert

The release of Evernote 10.48 for desktop and 10.42 for mobile support a number of new features...

I've grabbed this summary from the Evernote Expoerts group.

1. Single Click Meeting Note Share: Sharing made simple! When you add a calendar event to a note, in just a single click you can share that note will the meeting participants!

2. Spreadsheet File Previews: Navigate through a spreadsheet file with ease now that you can view the preview! This feature is available to only Professional and Teams users. Add a file (not a Google Drive link) to your note and the preview happens automatically. Supported file types are .csv, .xls, .xlsx, .ods, .xlt, and .xltx

3. iOS Lock Screen Widgets: As convenient as the mobile widgets, but now on your iOS device's lock screen. Choose from 2 large and 6 circle widgets for fast access to Evernote.

4. New Preference Setting-New Note Cursor Start: A new debate has entered the chat... Will you start your new notes from the body of the note? Or will you always title the note first? Now it's as easy as choosing you setting, never how to move your cursor to start where you want.

5. Recurring Task Option Added to Tasks Actions Bar: Gone are the days of 3 clicks to create a recurring task! Quickly add a recurrence to a task from the Task Action bar!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
23 hours ago, agsteele said:

The release of Evernote 10.48 for desktop and 10.42 for mobile support a number of new features...

I've grabbed this summary from the Evernote Expoerts group.

3. iOS Lock Screen Widgets: As convenient as the mobile widgets, but now on your iOS device's lock screen. Choose from 2 large and 6 circle widgets for fast access to Evernote.

Thank you for sharing this and for being a conduit for sharing more information from the Evernote team in the forums. I'm happy that iOS users are getting useful functionality related to Widget support. Is Evernote going to go back and finish widget support for Android now? 🤔 I just updated to v10.43 for Android, and there's been no improvement.

If you get a chance, would appreciate if you could nudge someone on this. It's functionality that exists in the legacy app and is very useful. More details (including pictures) in the thread below:

And while I'm grousing about the Android app, I just want to mention once again that 10.43 still doesn't fix the Gboard capitalization bug:

On 11/3/2022 at 7:28 PM, agsteele said:

4. New Preference Setting-New Note Cursor Start: A new debate has entered the chat... Will you start your new notes from the body of the note? Or will you always title the note first? Now it's as easy as choosing you setting, never how to move your cursor to start where you want.

Nice! I only cannot find this option in Evernote 10.48.4 on a Mac. Where is it?

• Level 5

App settings, Settings, Notes, New note starts with (select) Text / Title.

EN even puts a blue dot beside the category, and places a NEW badge  at the feature to make it easy to find.

If you don’t find it, check that you are really on 10.48.

• Level 5

... or have it set to autoupdate, whatever you prefer.

I usually get between 10 and 30 updates of apps at the moment, related to the app catching up with the new features brought by iOS 16. I rather can't read any release notes, so it just goes straight in.