Advanced PDF Export Options

Go to solution Solved by PRozanec,

• Level 5

Don‘t have Professional myself, but AFAIK you can export several notes into one pdf.

If I need it with my Personal subscription, I create several pdfs, and merge them later with another app. So this alone is no reason for me to upgrade.

• Evernote Expert

I think I can export several notes into a single PDF with my Personal account too. So maybe that isn't the benefit...

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403616330387-Export-notes-as-a-PDF

Additional page options

With a Professional or Teams subscription, you have additional options for formatting your exported PDF.

• Page numbers - Toggle the option on or off to include page numbers and select the page number placement on the page.
  • Note order - When exporting multiple notes at once, choose the order in which the notes will be placed in the PDF. Hover over a note and drag the handle on the left to reorder the notes. Click the remove button on the right to remove a note from the export list.
  • Note separation - When exporting multiple notes at once, choose whether each note should begin on a new page or directly after the previous note.
  •  

When you are only exporting a single note, you can only add page numbers with Professional:

image.thumb.png.a488918392f5f35314d2191ac08491c9.png

When you have two or more notes selected and export as PDF you have two more 'professional' only options: 'Note Order' and 'Note separation'. You can see that in this export preview that Note 2 appears directly below Note 1 with no way to set a page break unless you have the 'professional':

image.thumb.png.e9d3aa31c25cf2476adf714b455beabc.png

Also, when you hover over one of those 'Professional' upgrade labels, you get this:

image.png.5a76f13e0e9ba463e9d54ee25becd530.png

1 hour ago, PRozanec said:

I can’t seem to find any specific information on that feature. Does anyone here know what these options are?

So there are at least 4 advanced options which are:

• Add page numbers
  • Specify note order when multiple notes are selected for export
  • Customize note separation when multiple notes are selected for export
  • Export notebooks as PDF files
2 hours ago, Boot17 said:

So there are at least 4 advanced options which are:

• Add page numbers
  • Specify note order when multiple notes are selected for export
  • Customize note separation when multiple notes are selected for export
  • Export notebooks as PDF files

The most important one is still not implemented: full export, attachments included

• Level 5*

It's obviously still a work in progress - I looked at the 'more options' survey and walked into several pages of questions about logos, watermarks, page numbers and so on.  I added a bit about "we need attachments" so maybe that will come!

Here's a full set of the menus

1076245105_Screenshot2022-10-24162000.thumb.png.84e2f66e242378725a4633b85520132f.png  1132954709_Screenshot2022-10-24161744.thumb.png.fdb6b0df7a62b43cdea8d7a3c39b8348.png  1848854092_Screenshot2022-10-24163003.thumb.png.3fe0018177bdce078ffc6c950f3ab7f3.png

I apologise for the pun in the print preview window...

• Like 2