MAC OS Keyboard Shortcuts

I have to believe there is a default keyboard shortcut to open an existing note in a new window and I am simply overlooking it or getting confused on how it was would be labeled. Everything I have seen and read is about creating a new note, and that is not what I am looking to do. I am in a list view of current notes or one that was found in a search and I want to stay on the keyboard and simply open the note. I am on MAC OS and using the app primarily. I realize 3rd party solutions can help with this and the keyboard shortcuts on the MAC itself, but I really want to see where this is and how I missed it. Or, if it is not included in the  two dozen already setup, understand why not. Does anyone have info to help? Thank you very much 

Thank you for sharing the article, I did see that and reviewed the options for MAC (new version). I cannot locate a shortcut from the keyboard to open a note in a new window, which is a common action and yet it does not appear to be shown. Just thought I would ask to see if anyone else had a suggestion on how to make it happen. 

Thanks 

• Level 5

Well, here's something interesting. There's also no keyboard shortcut to open a note in a new window listed for the Windows app. But if I have a note selected in a list of notes, pressing Ctrl+Enter will open it in its own window, just like in the old Windows v. 6 program. (It doesn't work in the Web client.) Evidently the list of shortcuts is not fully up to date. Will something like Cmd+Enter work on the Mac?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

But if I have a note selected in a list of notes, pressing Ctrl+Enter will open it in its own window, just like in the old Windows v. 6 program. (It doesn't work in the Web client.) Evidently the list of shortcuts is not fully up to date. Will something like Cmd+Enter work on the Mac?

Ah - yes - thank you for that! And I'm glad that helps @BaxterG. My searching is generally done with the "Switch To" command and so I go right to the note that I want and I don't have a note list with the note selected for me to press Cmd/Ctrl-Enter. (Hence I guess why I'd like to be able to open a note in a new window from the Switch To window.)