When is enscript returning?

jt1

Idea

ENscript was a simple utility, and was used on a regular basis by many individuals.  I've been patiently waiting for the developers to resurrect all of the missing functionality since v10, seemingly deleted for the sake of progress, but if there is no roadmap for its return I need to get started on locating a replacement app to store my notes.  

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Personally I am not aware such a solution existed.

Was it anything official by EN, or was it a 3rd party extension provided by an indie developer ?

You can switch the web client to „classic view“ which restores more or less the old client. However, since the old client is not maintained any more, you do so at your own peril of errors and data los.

• Level 5*
On 8/7/2022 at 5:52 PM, jt1 said:

When is enscript returning? ... if there is no roadmap for its return I need to get started on locating a replacement app to store my notes.  

ENScript (Windows) and Applescript (Mac) integration were dropped with the v10 implementation

Personally, I have lost faith for their return, and have not upgraded to v10

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 8/8/2022 at 1:52 AM, jt1 said:

ENscript was a simple utility, and was used on a regular basis by many individuals.  I've been patiently waiting for the developers to resurrect all of the missing functionality since v10, seemingly deleted for the sake of progress, but if there is no roadmap for its return I need to get started on locating a replacement app to store my notes.  

Hi.  This is a (mainly) user supported Forum,  so we can't advise when or if ENscript is coming back.  If you can share with us what that app did for you,  maybe we can suggest some work-arounds?  As @PinkElephant mentioned,  Evernote Legacy still exists,  and will work with ENscript - I have one ongoing backup operation which depends on both.  But there are other automation options with v10 that may help fill the gap if you need them...  See Zapier and Filterize as example...

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, gazumped said:

If you can share with us what that app did for you,  maybe we can suggest some work-arounds? 

I personally wasn't a big user of EN script but it was handy in order to add a saved search to the body of a note so you could double click it and run the saved search. This is useful in my "dashboard" notes that provide an overview for a particular topic and contain links to the most important resources such as notes, searches, websites etc. My workaround is to add the saved search as a search syntax string to a code box. I then just have to copy and paste it into the search bar which isn't too painful. It's a shame though that V10 doesn't automatically give you that string like legacy did, so you have to generate it manually even if it has been generated using simply text search and filters.

• Like 1