Evernote App doesnt work anymore on my Mac 10.13.6 High Sierra

hallo,

since a few days App works no more ( on my Mac 10.13.6 High Sierra ). Deleting an new installation does not help.

Message: Auf unserer Seite ist leider ein Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuche, Evernote neu zu starten.

I use evernote web instead. On my Ipad, everthing is ok.

• 1 month later...

Agree Mac is not compatible with Mac OS High Sierra. Many of us use that since we have other software that does not work with newer versions of Mac OS.

Evernote should provide a solution for us. Otherwise I find that Evernote is not supportive enough. The have competitors out there. So If they decide to continue this lack of support it is not worth paying for it. 

May be it is better to go for the free version of Evernote. OneNote is an alternative that many of us already have access to.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Reistad said:

Evernote should provide a solution for us.

Evernote Legacy works with this OS (apparently) - but if the OS is incompatible with v10 features,  it seems unlikely that Evernote will develop another new product specifically for High Sierra users. 

Installed the Legacy edition. So that is the solution for me. Evernote should inform better about the compatibility of their software when they update. And also more about what to do if your OS version is not compatible. 

• Level 5
12 hours ago, Reistad said:

Is it possible to run a different version that works with Mac OS High Sierra? Otherwise I think the paid version is not worth paying for.  

You are running an outdated version of MacOS, but believe everybody needs to develop NEW software for a DYING version of MacOS ?

I don't think EN should throw our subscription money into sinkholes like that. Legacy does not get new features (OK, you are used to that when still running HighSierra), so the only fully working option will be the web client. But this has already been posted.

I will probably buy a new Mac later on and upgrade the software. But till then, why not go for the free version and enjoy the free ride. I understand why EN don't upgrade an outdated OS. But they should improve when they give information about updates. 

It was complicated to get information about why Evernote suddenly didn't work with my OS.

They should give more information when an update leave out a version of an OS:

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Reistad said:

why not go for the free version and enjoy the free ride

If you can work within the restrictions,  why not?  Although access to Support is useful - they could have easily answered any questions about High Sierra forinstance...

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Reistad said:

Downgrade to 10.43.7

10.44 was only issued yesterday (1st September) doesn't seem like a step too far down to backtrack to 10.43.7 if that works for you.  The choice between versions though depends on exactly what you want to be doing - if Legacy works for you,  stick with that.  :) 

• Like 1