Web Links Not Working? They Just Open My Evernote App Home Page?

I'm using the latest version (10.40.9-win-ddl-public (3494)) on Windows 10, and links to websites in notes don't work anymore (with one exception). When I click on a link (just tested this one to my own website - https://www.homebrewaudio.com/) it merely jumps to my Evernote app's Home page. It does not actually open that page in Chrome. See attached vid.

I'm forced to highlight and copy the link and paste it into a browser. I think you'll agree that is not acceptable.

Is there a setting I need to change or something? Or is this a bug?

Oddly, it works for https://www.google.com. That's the only website I've found so far where clicking on the link in a note takes me to the site on Chrome. So why does it work for that site and no others?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
48 minutes ago, KenTheriot said:

I think you'll agree that is not acceptable.

I'm sure Evernote will terminate any coders responsible.  However bad things occasionally happen spontaneously,  and it's convenient if you can find a workaround,  so congratulations on having done so. The upgrade is still being rolled out and I don't believe the announcement has been posted yet - I'd suggest you contact Support in the meantime for a more timely intervention.

• Level 5

There is a known bug that all URLs containing the „magic“ characters HOME (in this sequence) will take you to the HOME page of EN, instead of to the correct place on the web. Somebody at EN must really be in love with it.

This bug has been there prior to 10.40, and it seems it wasn’t fixed with that release.

Workaround: Copy the URL to a browser, open the link there.

• Like 2
On 7/5/2022 at 10:08 PM, PinkElephant said:

There is a known bug that all URLs containing the „magic“ characters HOME (in this sequence) will take you to the HOME page of EN, instead of to the correct place on the web. Somebody at EN must really be in love with it.

OMG this is as hilarious as it is frustrating. I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out what was special about these links. 

Thanks for posting the reason, even if we don't yet have a fix...   I hope this gets addressed soon, it's quite annoying since "home" gets used in links more than you'd think.

• Level 5
15 hours ago, prosim said:

OMG this is as hilarious as it is frustrating. I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out what was special about these links. 

Thanks for posting the reason, even if we don't yet have a fix...   I hope this gets addressed soon, it's quite annoying since "home" gets used in links more than you'd think.

+1. It's a good thing that having the string "bed" in a URL doesn't cause the app to go to sleep.