No reset link ever comes to personal email

Our company has personal accounts that were auto created associated with the corporate accounts

They are username+personal@companyname.com

I created an email alias to allow this email to work.  Evernote decided to require 1 user to reset his password for an unknown reason ,  It said for security issues.  I also want to change the email of the personal association.  But no email ever comes to confirm.  I am the email admin of the company.  I checked everything.  I have confirmed the email addr works.  I am super frustrated with this product, the company, and the technology.   Any suggestions besides opening a ticket and waiting ?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Mr Jeff 1122 said:

I am super frustrated with this product, the company, and the technology.

How is any of this an Evernote problem?  You have non-standard email addresses,  presumably hidden behind a company firewall + AV.  And unless you've had a bad previous experience with Support,  what's wrong with talking to the Support Team? - Who are probably the only people in a position to help you...  Submit a ticket and let us know how it goes!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. So, Evernote actually automatically created this email address in late 2020 when they forced a split for reasons I cannot understand.  The personal space can be seen on the app under the corporate account,  but the password to personal was never set.  So, my assertion is that they created the email yet their own system cannot send to it, probably  because of the plus sign.  SO, I reiterate my initial claims

• Evernote Expert

Have you asked Evernote support? They will be the ones who can help. You talk of a corporate account ... I presume you mean Teams where you get the Teams accounts plus a personal account for each user to separate their personal notes from business stuff. If so, the person in your organisation that manages Teams should ask for help.

That said, Email delivery issues can be complex to resolve. + Email address extensions are standard albeit relatively uncommon. The delivery could be falling at a number of places in the delivery chain.

Talk to support.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Mr Jeff 1122 said:

So, my assertion is that they created the email yet their own system cannot send to it, probably  because of the plus sign.

My understanding was that the personal space (which would receive the emails you're sending) was split from the business area and requires a separate login.  I'm not sure whether it is still possible to see both together...  Regardless:  I agree with @agsteele if you're not the Teams admin in your company,  go have a chat with them;  one or both of you may need to contact Support (where you'll have priority access) so this can be sorted out. 

We're mainly just users here,  so no access to check under the hood to see what's actually happening.

Evernote Teams account update walkthrough

• Level 5

The reason for the division of the former unified account into two accounts is very simple. It was about neatly separating the private data and the company's data from each other. Keeping them in one account is a no go from a compliance point of view.

Or does your company run the private e-mail accounts of employees ? This would be the same as having a Teams admin control the Personal EN accounts. Now both are separate, with a solid „Chinese wall“ in between.

The user can leave the company at any time - his professional data stays, and he takes his Personal account with him.

The Plus sign is allowed in email addresses from the standard, but to learn whether EN can handle it ask support.

• Like 2

Hi All - Thanks for all these comments - very helpful.  I am the Evernote Teams admin, yes.  I am also the email administrator.  We use Mimecast, I have spent several hours looking for any trace.  Nothing. The email from Evernote are just not coming in.  I am almost at point where they are escalating to "tech support".  It has taken me 3 days for them to believe me that the password reset email not coming in at all.  I confirmed the user+personal email address is indeed working fine from outside.  My assertion is that they created the +personal address but are unable to email to it.  Maybe my user never "activated" his email and its stuck in their system ?  I am just frustrated that this moves so slow and its like they cannot admit their reset email never comes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Sorry you're having issues - I'll flag this thread for the Forum admins who might be able to make sure your ticket isn't lost in the system.  Can you quote the ticket number so they have a reference?