Two new bugs - google docs attachments and note title focus jump

Hi - I've only seen these issues since the latest update (10.38.2) and I wanted to pick others' brains before raising a ticket.

1. When a Google document of any kind is attached, it now only shows the link address, with a forever-updating progress bar. If I link the document again, elsewhere in the note, the new attachment will have the proper title, and the title of the first attachment will correct itself.
  2. When starting a new note, the cursor changes focus to the file list after the first character is typed. For example, if I was typing "Evernote", the new note would be titled "E". (I have the file list in card mode, if that makes any difference)

I've deleted all cookies, logged out and logged in again, etc, etc - which usually sorts my problems. Is anyone else seeing this? (Chrome 102.0.5005.75 ) Any suggestions to mitigate before I raise a ticket?

TIA

• Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, sch01ar said:
  • When a Google document of any kind is attached, it now only shows the link address, with a forever-updating progress bar. If I link the document again, elsewhere in the note, the new attachment will have the proper title, and the title of the first attachment will correct itself.
  • When starting a new note, the cursor changes focus to the file list after the first character is typed. For example, if I was typing "Evernote", the new note would be titled "E". (I have the file list in card mode, if that makes any difference)

I can reproduce the first issue re the title of a Google Docs attachment. That said it really isn't an issue for me. I can still open the document and since I rarely have more than one attachment in a note it is easy enough to know what I'm looking at.

I cannot reproduce the second issue regarding focus changing to the file list.

Thanks - will report; I tend to have multiple docs attached, so I'm turning them into descriptive hyperlinks as I use them 😕

As to the note title focus; I'm checking my other extensions for a conflict.

Ta!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, sch01ar said:

I'm turning them into descriptive hyperlinks

Ah - I tend to use a short link,  but there's usually an text / table index to explain which file is which;  hence the lack of issue...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 11:13 AM, sch01ar said:

When a Google document of any kind is attached, it now only shows the link address, with a forever-updating progress bar. If I link the document again, elsewhere in the note, the new attachment will have the proper title, and the title of the first attachment will correct itself.

I have the same problem - "forever-updating progress bar" - both in Windows app and Android app, when attaching/linking something from Google Drive to Evernote. Quite annoying! 🤨

8 minutes ago, janndk said:
On 6/8/2022 at 11:13 AM, sch01ar said:

When a Google document of any kind is attached, it now only shows the link address, with a forever-updating progress bar. If I link the document again, elsewhere in the note, the new attachment will have the proper title, and the title of the first attachment will correct itself.

I have the same problem - "forever-updating progress bar" - both in Windows app and Android app, when attaching/linking something from Google Drive to Evernote. Quite annoying! 🤨

…and in Web app too 🙄

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2022 at 2:13 AM, sch01ar said:

When starting a new note, the cursor changes focus to the file list after the first character is typed. For example, if I was typing "Evernote", the new note would be titled "E". (I have the file list in card mode, if that makes any difference)

This happens to me too - updating a note refreshes the whole note, which re-orders the list and removes my cursor from the text of the note. I have to type something, then wait for the note to update, then re-select the note and find my place in it again, then continue typing. If I don't wait for it, Evernote has the notebook selected so every time I hit the space bar it jumps down the list of notes instead of actually typing anything. Then I have to scroll back to the top of the list, select the note, find my place again, and continue typing.

Almost my entire workflow is editing existing notes, so this really messes me up.

I do know that this is related to it updating the note to appear at the top of the list because it's the most recently updated, because it doesn't do this when it's already at the top of the list.

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned this actually.

• Level 5

Hi, @stephanieb, and welcome to the forum. I just did a brief test, and this doesn't seem to be happening for me. This leads me to think that the reason more people aren't mentioning it is that it is relatively rare. But it sounds like a real mess, and since your fellow-users here in the forums don't seem able to help, you'll probably do best to report it to support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Since you're able to provide detailed information about when it occurs, they may have some advice.