Clickable Phone Numbers

• Level 5

When I type a number that looks like a phone number on the EN iOS client, it is underlined. When I select it, it shows below as a link with a „tel“ prefix.

Tap on the link below (right above of the soft keyboard), and it dials.

41 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

When I type a number that looks like a phone number on the EN iOS client, it is underlined. When I select it, it shows below as a link with a „tel“ prefix.

Tap on the link below (right above of the soft keyboard), and it dials.

weird...mine doesn't do that...thanks though

• Level 5

Red arrow: Type a number, when typing a zero after it, it converts into a link. Blue font, underline.

Now tap into the link. The link info shows above of the keyboard. When tapped, it offers to dial the number.

F6ABED7B-FFF4-4716-8112-A52AE678AAFB.thumb.jpeg.f27c17bd793a83006a1d1e191d3c8b9e.jpeg

When not in edit mode, tapping on the link offers the dial option directly.

27679768-4CE4-4453-A09C-F79EC3A5777B.thumb.jpeg.feb32236cdf0b3c2f9c3c8fb853a66a7.jpeg

To enable the function there is a switch in the mobile clients settings. Open app settings, tab notes, extended editing. The second last option of the extended options sets Numbers to be recognized as phone numbers, and to be made clickable.

Maybe it is switched off in your client.

• Level 5

Well, talking about the mobile client here.

It is only converted into phone numbers and made clickable to phone when this is enabled in the mobile apps settings, as I described above.

It really can go on your nerves when you just write a few (longer) numbers, and suddenly it converts into a presumed phone number. So I had times when I had turned this autocorrection off myself.

But then the conversion is gone, and with it the option to directly dial a number.

You can undo the link conversion in every case as well, but if its happens too often, it destroys any workflow.

• Level 5

Just tried it on my Mac, with the same note I had created before on iOS.

It recognizes the link, when hovering over it it shows the number with a "tel" prefix.

When clicked it opens Skype, and tries to place a call. Why Skype ? Well, don't know, but it opens the Skype client and displays the number, ready to go.

• 1 month later...

Pink Elephant. I could not find the setting that you referenced. Is this something I can find on iPhone settings? Can you be more specific as to where it is? Thanks in advance. 

I misunderstood. I went to the ios settings under Notes on my iphone. You meant the EN settings, not ios settings. I found it and it works great. Thanks so much for that valuable tip. 

• Like 1