When i copy a paragraph of text say 5 to 10 lines and paste it in another section of the note it spaces all the lines out with a blank space between each lines so i have to go back and delete the empty lines again.  Then if i try to move that text again it will do the same thing. Any idea's? 

I can confirm the bug with 10.30.1 running. I even get 2 empty lines added after the pasted passage. Could be a new bug since copy paste had no such issues before with EN10.x on my devices.

• Level 5

@Matthan Just for my better understanding:

Does this happen when copying and pasting inside of the same note, or from one note (that then must be closed, to open the other) into another ?

Did the text passage you copied contain a new paragraph, or was it plain text only, without invisible paragraph or LF/CR characters ?

• 3 months later...

I'm seeing this in the desktop Windows10 app EN10 and it occurs when copying from a web page into an EN v10 note.

Mostly 1 blank line is inserted but sometime 2 blank lines are inserted.  So much cleanup to do at times.

I'm also running v8 on desktop and there is no issue there.

Also, 

v8 - When copying an pasting from a PDF body into a note, the paste function retains some of the formatting of the copied text.  i.e.  bold text

v10 - does not copy over formatting

I actually want the bold text to copy over in EN10 but it doesn't.

I have indeed tried various hotkey combinations of copy & paste

i.e.

CTRL V to paste with formatting

CTRL SHIFT V for unformatted text

• Evernote Expert

Hi @Carl-L-ND. You've added to a several months old thread relating to the Android app. Your issue seems to relate to a desktop app.

You may be better reposting in a desktop area or perhaps a mood will be asking and move the post. 

In the meantime If not that copying and pasting HTML content from a web page into a number of applications (not just Evernote) has, for me, the type of issue you describe. Generally using Ctrl+Shift+V resolved things. Have you tried using the Evernote web clipper installed in the browser? Otherwise, print the web page to PDF and attach that to your note.