Annoying upgrades

Guys,

I know that you're trying to constantly improve this application, however making it in the current way makes this process very annoying as every 1-2 week we need to run an upgrade. Why you won't do it in the background? If in Preferences I chose YES to an automatic upgrades, please run the in the background instead of asking all users to approve it. This is very annoying - this is much much much too frequent.

In the old days it was maybe fascinating that there's a 'new version' available for download, but these days this is just pain to everyone. Have a think about it please.

• Level 5

On mobile updates are installed from a protected source, the AppStore or PlayStore. Here updates can run without much user interaction.

On PC and Mac most software installs from web downloads. These require a user interaction, to make sure the user is aware that software on his device will be altered.

What is the alternative to frequent updates ? Holding back new functions and bug fixes, to avoid „annoying“ users with improvements ? You can’t seriously ask for this - and I strongly disagree to this very egocentric view where available improvements would be withheld from all users just because a few resist against keeping their software up to date.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Steve011 said:

but these days this is just pain to everyone

No - not true. Maybe just some hyperbole there? I'm sure to many it is a pain, but definitely not to me (and probably not to the majority - but who knows?). I really appreciate the cadence of Evernote's upgrades and it's not an issue to me.

• Like 5
On 3/17/2022 at 8:56 AM, Steve011 said:

In the old days it was maybe fascinating that there's a 'new version' available for download, but these days this is just pain to everyone.

On the contrary, I really like the updates and therefore everyone does 😉

• Like 1
On 3/17/2022 at 2:56 AM, Steve011 said:

Guys,

I know that you're trying to constantly improve this application, however making it in the current way makes this process very annoying as every 1-2 week we need to run an upgrade. Why you won't do it in the background? If in Preferences I chose YES to an automatic upgrades, please run the in the background instead of asking all users to approve it. This is very annoying - this is much much much too frequent.

In the old days it was maybe fascinating that there's a 'new version' available for download, but these days this is just pain to everyone. Have a think about it please.

How are you getting updates every 1-2 weeks? Pretty sure it is more like 3-5 weeks. And I very much disagree that it is a pain to everyone - after years of very very few updates I think it is great we get updates more often.

• Like 3