Lost Notebook Widget on iOS Home Screen?

Am I to understand that I can no longer have the notebook widget on my iPhone home screen and MUST upgrade my plan in order to do so?  That's a pretty ***** way to force me to upgrade by removing functionality I used to have.  Or is there something that I'm missing here?  I try to remove the "recently captured widget" and add the "notebook widget" in my home screen but it says I need to upgrade my plan in order to save the changes?  And to be clear, I HAD the notebook widget previously in my home screen because this is how I normally navigate Evernote on my iPhone.  Having to navigate through 100's of notes makes the app USELSS (I've been a customer since 2010).

• Evernote Expert

https://evernote.com/compare-plans

There is something a little confusing about the language we have for Evernote and mobile apps. The device has a home screen and widgets that can work from there.  However, Evernote also has a Home Screen and that also offers widgets. The Evernote app Home Screen widgets are limited to three for free users plus extras for paid levels.

Going from what you have said, it seems that you are talking about the ability to have iOS home screen widgets. I will say that I am not an iOS user but my understanding is that device home screen widgets have not, yet, arrived with iOS and Evernote v10. They are available on Android so, if I am correct, I think we would be anticipating a parity of features for iOS since this is the stated intention. I'm sure that our many iOS gurus will be able to confirm device home screen widgets for Evernote. Paying money will not provide the device level widgets. I anticipate that they will be free (as per Android) when they are released.

• Like 1

I use Evernote on iOS and I don't think there have been iOS Widgets (yet) for Evernote since v10 rolled out over a year ago. So @OlyMtns, do you have automatic app updates on your iPhone turned off and you just barely upgraded to the new version of Evernote? Because I think it's been this way for over a year now.

18 hours ago, OlyMtns said:

Having to navigate through 100's of notes makes the app USELSS

Do you have any kind of tagging system or use searching at all? Or even using the shortcuts for most frequently used notes? I don't ever have a problem finding the note I'm looking for on iOS and I have thousands of notes.

Sorry for the confusion.  I am a Plus membership level.  I am referring to the home screen in the Evernote iOS app, not the iPhone home screen.  In the Evernote app it has 3 widgets which I cannot change unless I upgrade to the next level membership which is Personal.  Of the 3 widgets in the home screen app, none of them are the folders widget.  I have 100's of notebooks (I mistakenly posted "notes" instead of "notebooks" in my original post above) and having the notebook widget was handy on the app's home screen.  I'll have to use the 3 hash marks menu route to get to my notebooks now.  It would have been better if Evernote at least allowed me to choose the 3 home screen widgets and offer more custom features with a higher membership level.  Heck, even reduce it to 2 widgets I choose and I'm OK with that.  As it is, maybe it's finally time to find another app instead. 

• Level 5

EN has made it clear when they sidelined old subscriptions that for users who stay on, no new features will be added. This means for all the new stuff, you get the same as every user gets - those on Free included. Your existing features are preserved.

This is company philosophy, and I experience it as pretty generous. With other apps, you have your current subscription period, maybe another as a freebie, and then it is up or out. Not with EN, they maintain the old plans with an amazing continuity.

For new features, there is no cherry picking: If you want one single feature that is only available with another subscription level, you need to get the full package. It is not like that for you, it is like that for every user, on which subscription level he may be. So it is up to you to take a decision - just be reminded that once you leave plus (or old Premium), there is no way back.

3 hours ago, OlyMtns said:

Sorry for the confusion.  I am a Plus membership level.  I am referring to the home screen in the Evernote iOS app, not the iPhone home screen.

Ah - k - that helps.

On 3/14/2022 at 3:01 PM, OlyMtns said:

Am I to understand that I can no longer have the notebook widget on my iPhone home screen and MUST upgrade my plan in order to do so?

I used to have a Plus membership too. It seems like they gave us a limited trial usage of all the features in the new Home view along with full usage of Tasks, but I'm pretty sure it was always communicated as a trial period usage (for legacy Premium, Plus, and Free users). The trial period was only for like one month and that ended in like July or August or something. (I thought?). After that trial view, both the Home view and Tasks were severely limited for anything less than the Personal plan, but it's not a feature that we had before (as Plus users), so it's not like we really lost it since we never had it.