Use black font to print note

This is a unique name
Go to solution Solved by Jon/t,

Idea

10 replies to this idea

• Solution
On 2/17/2022 at 5:19 PM, This is a unique name said:

When you print a note, the text comes out a light gray color that is very hard to read.  This text should be black to make it readable.

Are you in dark mode?

If I print a note it comes out in light grey in dark mode and black in dark mode.

Looks like it may be a bug so it could be an idea to submit a support ticket.

If you want black text then switch to light mode for now.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Sounds more like printer settings than an Evernote issue,  but an immediate work-around would be to print to a PDF file and then print from your desktop where you would have more options;  and/ or to create your note in a work processor and attach that file to your note where you have more control over typeface and colours - and more printing options on completion.

That's odd that others don't have the same light gray font.  It's not printer settings because it happens when I print at home or at work.  At work it has been two different printers.  If I export it to PDF it is black print.  Why would the PDF be black print and the standard print is not.  Even the dark gray that you guys mention is wrong - why gray at all.  Default should be black.

I don't want a work around.  I use evernote to save time - not to use work arounds that take unnecessary time.  And yes - it does work to copy to word and print from there - but if word can print black text by default - why can't evernote?  Again - don't want to have to fire up word - copy text - reformat layout - then print.  That's a waste of time.

This seems like it should be an easy problem to fix.

I have attached a note below that shows this.  I created this PDF by creating a note - printing the note - selecting "Microsoft print to PDF" as the printer.

test note - prints gray.pdf

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, This is a unique name said:

This seems like it should be an easy problem to fix.

Given that seemingly you alone in 200M other users have an issue,  I'm sure that Evernote would be very grateful for your detailed suggestion of how to do so.  You might want to reach out to Support (which isn't us - mainly other users here...) and share your logs / experience with them to see if they can assist.

I have almost the same issue as user: This is a unique name. But for me it is the opposite, and I get light gray font printed when I use the "Export as PDF ..." function from the Evernote 3-dot menu, and black font printed when I use the "Print ..." function. The results for 'This is a unique name' seemed counter to that.

I tend to agree with user gazumped that it "sounds more like printer settings than an Evernote issue." However, I was unable to change my results by printing the .pdf with different/better printer settings (from Acrobat), always getting a light gray font from the .pdf. I also tried changing my note's font color in Evernote from 'Auto' to 'black' but nothing changed. I can work around this by by preparing drafts using 'Export as PDF ..." function, then publish a finalized .pdf using the 'Print ...' function and selecting a .pdf generator rather than an actual printer.

Per Jon/T, I use light mode and have never used black mode. I'm running Evernote 10.31.6 on Windows 10.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
6 minutes ago, DougInNC said:

I tend to agree with user gazumped

Always a good choice <grin>.  If you're a subscriber I'd suggest you raise a support ticket via the link above - as I said before,  there's not exactly a deluge of complaints about this,  so it seems like edge case time again...