New email address problem

I changed the email address associated with my Evernote account because the old one turned up in a data breach.  It changed ok, but when I go into the Account Summary, the Email Notes to is still showing the old email address the account was associated with. I've tried resetting but it still picks up on the old address.
Can anyone advise how I can email into Evernote using my new email address.  I have raised a ticket with support but thought asking the question here might be quicker!

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm confused.  The 'Email Notes To' address visible in Accounts Summary is a long and complicated system-generated address that will add anything received there to your Evernote account.  It's most unlikely that it turned up in a data-breach.  If you want to change it however,  there's a 'reset' button close by that will do exactly what it says.  You can't specify an address there.

Your email address is in 'Profile',  and again on that page there's a 'change email address' button right next to it if you wish to update that entry...

23 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I'm confused.  The 'Email Notes To' address visible in Accounts Summary is a long and complicated system-generated address that will add anything received there to your Evernote account.  It's most unlikely that it turned up in a data-breach.  If you want to change it however,  there's a 'reset' button close by that will do exactly what it says.  You can't specify an address there.

Your email address is in 'Profile',  and again on that page there's a 'change email address' button right next to it if you wish to update that entry...

No the ordinary gmail address turned up in a data breach, not the complicated system-generated address. But when I changed the ordinary gmail address associated with my account to a new one, the system-generated address was still picking up on my original email address.

for example: another12345@googlemail.com (old)

differentperson67890@googlemail.com (new)

but system-generated address still picks up on another12345.4bg85f5.m.evernote.com

instead of it being
differentperson67890.4bg5f5.m.evernote.com

I'm hoping that explains it a bit clearer.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Ah!  I see what you mean.  Same answer applies (I think) - the system address is a random code that points to your account. 

Because you might have that set up in various places to auto-forward emails direct to the account,  it's unlikely to change unless and until you hit the 'reset' button next to it.  There's probably no need,  because (unless you gave it out) no-one else should ever see it.  You could check it still works (if you're a subscriber) by sending a test email to it,  to make sure it comes up as a note.  (That might take a while,  depending on email speed - max minutes or hours though,  not days.)

If you don't have that address in any address books or auto-forwards and you want to see the new address (probably...?) just hit reset and see what happens!  ;)

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Hmmmm - maybe it is special when the email address is from Google.

My system generated send-to mail address is my EN user code (first name plus some numbers), followed by a dot and more numbers. After this the @ symbol plus the domain name. It has nothing to do with my user address, and except of the first name looks pretty random to me.

Next to it is a reset button - never tried it, so no idea if it will create a new send-to address.

• Evernote Expert

The EN special address is a combination of your user-id and the randomly created numeric code.

If you registered with your Google address via SSO then your user-id was your original Email address. Changing your user-id by changing Email won't change the inbound Email. As others have suggested, reset the Email.

• Like 1