Printing problems

I've used Evernote for YEARS. But the last few months when I print a note out it runs off the page. I'm sure I somehow changed some setting, but I've looked through and can't find what I need to change to be able to have the notes print with out them running off the right side of the paper. I keep all my recipes on Evernote so when I print them and loose a lot of the recipe it's not so useful. I'd appreciate any guidance. I'm fairly software savvy...all the Microsoft apps and Adobe Suite, I just have never had to navigate print settings in Evernote. It just always worked. Thanks

How do I go back to the legacy version? I just exported to pdf to print, but that takes so much more time. Is there a quick way to revert back to legacy version? I have 10.25 right now. What do I want?

Thank you for quick reply!

• Evernote Expert

Your favourite search engine will point you to this page:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

You can install both together or uninstall v10.25 and use Legacy instead. Legacy sites not support about of the new functions and will, eventually, stop working.

• Like 1

I have not uninstalled anything. I tend to not mess with things that I don't completely understand. So for now, even though my version still reads 10.25, I'll how it goes with the legacy exe.

Thanks for your continued support!

I admit that I don't understand how you are guiding me. Run side by side? Can i just keep using my Evernote (going on 15 years now) the same way I always did, or am I "good" after downloading the legacy exe? I don't have knowledge getting into this realm. I'm a software girl. You are golden for all your help!

• Level 5

Using legacy is using one app. It links to the EN server and builds its own database on the PC.

Using EN v10 is another app. It links to the same server, but again builds its own database on the PC.

One app is not interfering with the other. You can run them on the same computer at the same time.

Just don’t open the same note at the same time in both clients, and make changes. It can happen that then EN does not know on the server how to handle it, and creates a duplicate.

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Какие проблемы с печатью? Если вы хотите что-то, пожалуйста, будьте более конкретными.

Это все равно, что петь «Исправить ошибку, исправить ошибку, да», потому что ошибки есть всегда.

из "темной темы" белый текст выводится на печать  в белом. Интерполяция не работает как раньше. Ничего на бумаге не видно.

• 1 year later...

Well here it is late September 2023. I was using Legacy version but now that has a huge glitch (the thread on that issue is here: 

)

Since the Legacy version simply does not function at all now, I had to switch to the New version and the issue I'm writing about is the same one being discussed on this thread 2 years ago. 

Formerly (in Legacy) when on a note I could do Control+P and that note could be saved as a PDF. 

Now, today, on a note did Control+P and the system attempted to save 34,000 pages, ie, which looks like it would be all the my notes in Evernote, not just the one I was attempting to save. And, this attempt causes Evernote to freeze.

Tried just selecting the text of the note and Control+P, still not working.

So is this still an issue in 2023 with the new Evernote? 

• Level 5
7 hours ago, DreamWeaver2500 said:

Well here it is late September 2023. I was using Legacy version but now that has a huge glitch (the thread on that issue is here: 

)

Since the Legacy version simply does not function at all now, I had to switch to the New version and the issue I'm writing about is the same one being discussed on this thread 2 years ago. 

Formerly (in Legacy) when on a note I could do Control+P and that note could be saved as a PDF. 

Now, today, on a note did Control+P and the system attempted to save 34,000 pages, ie, which looks like it would be all the my notes in Evernote, not just the one I was attempting to save. And, this attempt causes Evernote to freeze.

Tried just selecting the text of the note and Control+P, still not working.

So is this still an issue in 2023 with the new Evernote? 

Replying to an old thread, but this doesn't sound like the original issue, which was:

On 11/28/2021 at 11:15 AM, k-mason said:

I've used Evernote for YEARS. But the last few months when I print a note out it runs off the page

Not all the pages in all my notes.

But to the point: is this in the Web client (as the "couldn't save note" issue is)? I believe that client uses the browser's print function. I just tested with a couple of notes, and it definitely offers to print just those pages. (Likewise the current version of the Windows desktop app.) Clearing the browser cache, or trying another browser, might sort it out.

• Like 1