has anyone yet got 10.23?

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Somehow roll out on web is much slower than by downloading and installing the client. 

Somehow I would expect it the other way around.

Didn't they slow the roll-out because of the Evernote icon takeover?

I keep gettng the pop up message that a new version is available. When I click "download and install," nothing happens. This has happened five or six times over the past couple days. Before that, I'd been getting notice of new versions through email, and installation worked well.

• Level 5

The web client is no client in the meaning of being installed software or an extension.

It is „there“ when you log in on the EN website, delivered to the browser by the Server. No idea why it does not change the version the moment it is announced. Maybe something is cached in the browser that prevents the newest version to be used.

10 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The web client is no client in the meaning of being installed software or an extension.

It is „there“ when you log in on the EN website, delivered to the browser by the Server. No idea why it does not change the version the moment it is announced. Maybe something is cached in the browser that prevents the newest version to be used.

I imagine they're doing filtering by ip-address or something to stage the roll-out 😕 

still on 10.22.3, which i'm happy with. the slowness of the roll-out just makes me more curious. i somehow doubt i'll notice the difference when it does arrive ...

• Level 5
2 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

oh, did Evernote take over a company called Icon? i haven't heard about that.

Think @gazumped mentioned the problem with the Windows installer. You installed 10.23, and many files all of a sudden had EN set as their standard app. A Word or Excel file suddenly showed the EN icon.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

I imagine they're doing filtering by ip-address or something to stage the roll-out 😕 

still on 10.22.3, which i'm happy with. the slowness of the roll-out just makes me more curious. i somehow doubt i'll notice the difference when it does arrive ...

Just moved me virtually to San Jose, and logged in on the web. Still 10.22.

If they do a staged rollout, it is probably linked to the account, not the IP.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
9 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

oh, did Evernote take over a company called Icon? i haven't heard about that.

Wish there was a <groan> reaction... - and yes,  I was being dumb and not reading which OS thread I was in again...  ^_^

11 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

on the web client? that's odd.

Aaaand I just realized I'M also in the wrong forum. I'm using the Linux beta desktop program. That eliminates some of the confusion, anyway. Sorry about that. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, LaFlamme said:

Aaaand I just realized I'M also in the wrong forum. I'm using the Linux beta desktop program. That eliminates some of the confusion, anyway. Sorry about that. 

Can you ask them if I can take part? :D

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, LaFlamme said:

I'm using the Linux beta desktop program.

You're still behind the numbers.  Check the Beta Forums for the latest,  but you seem at least a version or two out of date...

8 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

Can you ask them if I can take part?

I joined the beta program but still waited weeks before they got around to inviting me.  Try https://evernote.com/earlyaccess

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

You're still behind the numbers.  Check the Beta Forums for the latest,  but you seem at least a version or two out of date...

I joined the beta program but still waited weeks before they got around to inviting me.  Try https://evernote.com/earlyaccess

thanks for the link. I've applied numerous times in the last year but still no invite 😢

• Like 1