Do not change "Date Modified" when moving notes between notebooks

Rose1234

Idea

Currently, when moving a note between notebooks, the date modified for a note is updated.

Moving a note to different notebook is an organizational task, not one that should be linked to the date modified of a note.

The date modified should be related to the title & content of the note being updated only. 

keywords & phrases: move note to different notebook

• Like 1

6 replies to this idea

Yeah, I’m with you Rose. I feel the same way about adding or removing tags. Don’t really see that as worthy of changing the modified date. This is why I feel like being able to change the modified date on our own would be a nice feature. This has been in Evernote forever, but only went away with version 10.

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, righteousdork said:

This has been in Evernote forever, but only went away with version 10.

It's not necessarily gone away forever,  and the ability to alter created and modified dates still exists in Legacy.  It is still possible to correct any critical dates there.

13 minutes ago, gazumped said:

It's not necessarily gone away forever,  and the ability to alter created and modified dates still exists in Legacy.  It is still possible to correct any critical dates there.

Yeah. It’s pretty much the only reason I still use Legacy from time to time. Really hope they add it back to v10.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, Rose1234 said:

The date modified should be related to the title & content of the note being updated only. 

imho        the date updated field should reflect any update to the note (contents or metadata)
Likewise, the date created field should reflect the date/time the note was created

• Like 1