Home view layout not saving

I have a a few times now, that my customized layout of my Homepage is lost, and my widgets are laid out in a totally different order, etc.

Any idea what might be causing this?  Its very annoying and a waste of my time....

• Evernote Expert

I had noticed this very occasionally. I assumed that it occurred when I tweaked Home on my mobile device which then communicated a change back to my desktop.  To be honest, though, I rearranged the desktop and have since left mobile alone and I don't think I have seen an issue since. Now that you have mentioned a similar problem I'll watch for it more closely.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, Grant837 said:

I have a a few times now, that my customized layout of my Homepage is lost, and my widgets are laid out in a totally different order, etc.

Any idea what might be causing this?  Its very annoying and a waste of my time....

Hi.  Are you a Free user?  The ability to save a configuration is limited to subscribers...

2 hours ago, agsteele said:

I had noticed this very occasionally. I assumed that it occurred when I tweaked Home on my mobile device which then communicated a change back to my desktop.  To be honest, though, I rearranged the desktop and have since left mobile alone and I don't think I have seen an issue since. Now that you have mentioned a similar problem I'll watch for it more closely.

Indeed, I had forgot to mention that I use Evernote on 2 different PC´s an android device (rarely) and an IPad...)  

If this is the problem, then I think it needs to be thought about.  I only move things on my PCs (yesterday I manually made them the same), and I would think that would either be restricted to the individual devices, or synced to the mobile devices when I used them later...

@gazumpedI have a premium account.. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Grant837 said:

If this is the problem, then I think it needs to be thought about.  I only move things on my PCs (yesterday I manually made them the same), and I would think that would either be restricted to the individual devices, or synced to the mobile devices when I used them later...

I don't know whether my assumption is correct or not.  It was more a guess than a statement of fact.  I agree that intuitively the layout should be unique to each device BUT I noticed that when Home was first launched my layout from my beta experience on desktop appeared on my mobile device which led me to conclude that the intent was present the same layout across devices and this making a change on one would affect the others.

• Level 5

In the help document it says:

Reorder widgets

Reorder your widgets to arrange them in an order that works best for you. Your desktop widget layout will sync across Mac, Windows, and Web. Your mobile widget layout can be ordered differently and will sync across iOS and Android.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058119773