Embed video to a note

loynis.armitage

Idea

12 replies to this idea

58 minutes ago, loynis.armitage said:

instead of having to double click the attachment, download it and open it in a video player.

Why do you have to download it? Double clicking the file should open it in whatever media player is associated with that file type. OK in the background it is downloading it but it's not like you need to download, find the file and then open it.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert
22 hours ago, loynis.armitage said:

Would be great if you could drag/attach a video file to a note and play the video directly in the note instead of having to double click the attachment, download it and open it in a video player.

Here's a guess... Sometimes the file suffix gets stripped from a file when it is imported into Evernote.  Right click video file in the note and check Rename.  Does it have the suffix? Presumably .mp4, .mov or whatever... If the suffix is missing add it and that will likely resolve the opening problem. If the suffix is present then @Mike P seems to be on the money.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It usually does, depends on the format.

One thing I don‘t understand with EN is however this: Grabbing Audio on mobile or on desktop, old or new clients is recorded in different formats - and they don‘t seem to understand each other. This is pretty obvious nonsense !

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314418

To get this to the attention of EN, you can use the feedback function, or issue a support ticket.

• Evernote Expert

It seems that you are still pasting vague comments about months old threads. As you've been asked before, please give us a bit more insight to why you are contributing.

so it is or it isn't possible to drag a video in a note and play the video directly in the note? That would be a great feature!

I would like to see the video thumbnail and being able to play directly.

the same way you can now see the Youtube clips.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:47 PM, agsteele said:

Here's a guess... Sometimes the file suffix gets stripped from a file when it is imported into Evernote.  Right click video file in the note and check Rename.  Does it have the suffix? Presumably .mp4, .mov or whatever... If the suffix is missing add it and that will likely resolve the opening problem. If the suffix is present then @Mike P seems to be on the money.

That is not the problem, sir!
We want to play the video directly on the note! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mitzos said:

so it is or it isn't possible to drag a video in a note and play the video directly in the note? That would be a great feature!

I would like to see the video thumbnail and being able to play directly.

the same way you can now see the Youtube clips.

That is not the problem, sir!
We want to play the video directly on the note! 

Yes exactly, that's what I mean. I don't want to double click, wait for it to get downloaded and open up the default player. I want to be able to play it directly in the note.

• Level 5

Can’t see the trouble: Creating a private YT account is a one timer. Uploading there or into EN is an upload, this is the same effort.

There is only the „effort“ to create a link and place it into the note.

But OK, too much is too much. 

• Level 5

I would think that in order to play a video "directly in the note," as requested, Evernote would have to develop its own video player, or pay to license one from another company; and of course make sure it works on all types of devices and operating systems, and of course make sure it can play all common and uncommon types of video, and of course keep it updated as video formats change, and maybe scan each video for hidden security issues before playing it, and of course field complaints when it won't play a corrupted or unknown video file; and of course do all this for free for users who have not paid and never will pay one penny to subscribe, but would scream if playing videos became part of the paid subscription service.... And THAT is too much trouble, when every device has at least one built-in video player Evernote can summon.

• Haha 2