dragonbill

Idea

I have been in the beta program.  I sent my feedback numerous times.  I will do so here.

1.  The latest version looks and feels like it was made for a child.  Huge fonts, not efficient, and seems to try and assume what you want to see for you.  Stupid.

2.  EVERY time I open Evernote, it jumps the to the Shared with Me "book".  WHY?  I do not like this!!!  Why does it not go back to the last notebook I had open? 

I hate this new version.  It is clunky and totally inefficient.  The old version was simple and much more effective at speed and efficiency.  It is a shame that I have to deal with this ***** and pretty much committed as I have many notes and notebooks for work. 

Now that I vented, maybe this time there may be some thought into the design from the end user side?  I cannot believe there are people out there that like this version.  Make a power user version without the lipstick. 

• Like 3

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, dragonbill said:

there may be some thought into the design from the end user side

My thought is the v10 product is a work-in-progress; imho not ready for general use

>>I have been in the beta program.

My decision is to not participate in the Beta or Early Access programs 

I'm still using the Legacy product   
https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

I try EN v10 about once a quarter on my new HP Spectre i7.

Each attempt to us it, I find many reasons I don't want to "upgrade".

It's like EN tried making the PC's UI sexy at the expense of usability.

After trying v10, I go back to v6.18.4... it looks and feels like a tool :D

Unfortunately, I'm stuck using new EN for my iPhone X and iPad Pro.

I agree with DTLow, lot's of work-in-progress needed before I'm ready.

Does EN publish stats like percentage of PC users that have switched?

On 7/1/2021 at 10:06 AM, dragonbill said:

1.  The latest version looks and feels like it was made for a child.  Huge fonts, not efficient, and seems to try and assume what you want to see for you.  Stupid.

My thoughts exactly.

• Level 5

@dragonbill "... always jumps to the ... notebook" is a malfunction. Usually it can be solved by once logging out, then quitting the app (not only closing it with the X), restarting it and logging in. This should reset the view. If this does not do it, deselect "Keep data on logout" in settings, and try again. If this still does not work, support is your friend.

About the UI: The UI was build around the idea to have one look & feel in any client. In fact the new editor was build first, and then the UI evolved around it. You can pretty much follow the process by watching the "Behind the scenes" videos. 

Some like the UI, some don't. I think a UI designer can do whatever you want (including leaving everything as it was), and some people will complain. If you don't like it, you can stick with legacy - this means as well staying without the new features that are released now.

I guess liking UI is in the eye of the beholder.  I've been using Evernote for well over a decade and am quite pleased with recent developments.

What fonts are you saying are too large?  Font in list of notes and list of notebooks look pretty much the same to me as they always did. Are you aware that you can change magnification with control + and control - ?