Evernote Mac 10.16.7 - Bug with Saved Searches in Shortcuts

• Level 5*

I finally gave in and upgraded from the old Evernote client for Mac to the new one, and instantly regret it. Simple things like search are broken.

I have a saved search that is this:

tag:"Dad Jokes" notebook:"Dad Jokes" -tag:Completed

tag:"Dad Jokes" notebook:"Dad Jokes" -tag:Completed

This search works fine on Windows (old version - not upgrading that!) and on the mac as a regular search. But if I save the search to the shortcut bar then use the shortcut to search. it return nothing. Any assistance here?

• Level 5*

Note: I saved it as a new shortcut too, and it works fine on Windows client, as well as the iOS 8.x version (never upgraded there either), but not on the new Mac client.

Not all saved searches in shortcuts are broken, but this one is. I haven't tested all of them.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

I probably will. I do like finally the mac version will merge notes in the order selected, but when fundamental searching is broken, it is like using a word processor where some words aren't spell checked. Kinda core to the product.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

The jury's still out for me on the viability of the shiny new version.  I'm not even going to let myself consider whether or not to update until I really have no other choice.  At that point it's Evernote vs the Rest Of The Market;  it'll hurt to jump ship,  but I'm not going to waste time trying to 'make do' with something that doesn't work for me...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm having a similar (the same?) issue as well. If I filter by a tag, nothing comes back, if I type out the search (e.g. add "tag:DadJokes") it works. But once I go back to the saved search and it "switches" what I typed into a filter, it returns nothing. It works just fine on web.

• Thanks 1

I have not created a new saved search in a while but had a great idea to help me and of course, as is the case lately with Evernote - even when I think it will be a simple thing it does not work.

Created search like ->  tag:house updated:day-10

It works. Save the search and when I try to use it.  Results return like tag:house in a blue oval in results area but the search bar is populated with updated:day-10.  Either search should result in results but alas, no results is the save search.  

So I can type the search in every time and it works but Saved Search shortcut simply. does not.    TRULY - UNBELIEVABLE.

Also, the appearance that I cannot EDIT a Saved Search , other than what seems to be it's name seems ridiculous but perhaps this is just something else I cannot find out how to and yet another I used to be able too.... item.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I realise this isn't a fix,  but to save some typing,  have you looked at text expanders?  You could save common searches with a keyboard shortcut,  and even - with some of the services out there - include pauses for variables so you could (forinstance) insert a 'last X days' option where you add the number to start the search.

• Level 5*

That isn't close to acceptable unfortunately. If I was on one machine, maybe. But I need iOS, Windows, Mac, and Web to save and use my saved searches properly.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, EdH said:

That isn't close to acceptable unfortunately. If I was on one machine, maybe. But I need iOS, Windows, Mac, and Web to save and use my saved searches properly.

? If we're talking about text expanders,  https://textexpander.com/ says it works on all of those operating systems...  but;  just a suggestion 😏

• Level 5*

Does anyone from Evernote monitor these bug reports? Seems several people have confirmed this is a legit bug in this thread, not just something weird with my search. Would be nice to get an acknowledgement, and commitment to fix in the next cycle.

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, EdH said:

Does anyone from Evernote monitor these bug reports? Seems several people have confirmed this is a legit bug in this thread, not just something weird with my search. Would be nice to get an acknowledgement, and commitment to fix in the next cycle.

I'd imagine that it's a priority read for the devs,  but as usual with Evernote,  unless it's something mind-blowingly bad,  they probably won't comment.  The only way to be sure of a reaction is to contact Support - and I think the general comment goes "the developers are aware of this and are looking into it. We will work on a fix,  but I can't say when it might be released..."   :shrug: 

The annoying thing is that this worked perfectly well in previous verions of V10. It is a recent problem. The same happens on the web so it is fundamental search problem. It is sad when EN start breaking things that worked when they bring out a new release. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1