No Wordcount version 10.16.7

Go to solution Solved by Jon/t,

• Level 5

No, not in the app.

I have a little menu bar helper installed called PopClip. It allows a wealth of operations on selected text in all sort of apps - among it word and character count.

It is highly customizable to give you the options you want to have whenever you select a text with the mouse.

Free trial, costs $12.99, from the Mac AppStore.

1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

No, not in the app.

I have a little menu bar helper installed called PopClip. It allows a wealth of operations on selected text in all sort of apps - among it word and character count.

It is highly customizable to give you the options you want to have whenever you select a text with the mouse.

Free trial, costs $12.99, from the Mac AppStore.

ok. thank you. Wondering the lack of such a basic thing. Is the a plan to add it?

• Solution

CTRL SHIFT I gives you the note info with word count..... I think Macs have a different button to CTRL that does the same thing.

CTRL (or whatever it is) / gives you about a million shortcuts which save me a bunch of time.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, retrometro said:

I'm on version 10.16.7 and cannot find the wordcount function. Is the any at all?

Word count is listed in the Note Info panel

E53D12EB-D8BB-43D3-9734-9BE995270536.jpeg

Would love to have the status bar back. One of my use cases is creating image descriptions with a maximum of 190 characters. I find myself trying to stuff in as much info as possible within the limited space. Having the character count change live as you type was the reason I use EN for that task. 

• Like 1