(Archived) Largest Note You Ever Had within Evernote?

The maximum amount of data that you can store within one single note in Evernote, for Premium users of Evernote is apparently 50MB. What is the largest note that you ever had within Evernote and what purpose was it used for? (Data storage is exempted.)

For me, it was a 30.6MB note that I had recorded down purchasing research on the new HTC Windows 7 mobile phones. The largest note, however that I have, that was semi-data storage was some annotations that I made for an assignment + a 46.4MB audio recording of the session, which was 46.5. (Basically the notes were 0.1MB.)

• Level 5

I have several web screen captures that are in the 3MB to 6MB range. My biggest note contains a 76 page PDF file user manual for our new refrigerator which I downloaded from the manufacturer's website. Which begs a few questions - 1.) who needs an instruction manual for a refrigerator? and 2.) why is it 76 pages long?

• 3 weeks later...

I need to catalog some video clips and the Max single note size of 50MB makes it IMPOSSIBLE to build pages that have the movements of a Hula (dance) in video

Everything was going great until I hit this arbitrary limit.

This makes Evernote useless to me and the other dancers in Hula class

The idea was to make the music and the Master teacher dancing in High Def Quicktime Video available to all students

I need to catalog some video clips and the Max single note size of 50MB makes it IMPOSSIBLE to build pages that have the movements of a Hula (dance) in video

Everything was going great until I hit this arbitrary limit.

This makes Evernote useless to me and the other dancers in Hula class

The idea was to make the music and the Master teacher dancing in High Def Quicktime Video available to all students

There are plenty of video hosting sites out there. Youtube & Vimeo for starters.

I have several web screen captures that are in the 3MB to 6MB range. My biggest note contains a 76 page PDF file user manual for our new refrigerator which I downloaded from the manufacturer's website. Which begs a few questions - 1.) who needs an instruction manual for a refrigerator? and 2.) why is it 76 pages long?

Sorry have to make a tongue in cheek reply...

3.) who needs to download one.

4.) why does that person need to save it in Evernote.

Just kidding jbenson but man at 76 pages that must be some complicated fridge :D

Let me guess... 70 pages of it are disclaimers on not to do with it like "not intended to be used as a life preserver" or "do not use near open fire", 4 are pictures on how to plug it in, one 1 is the warranty card, 1 is the index, the last on is how to set the temperature.

• Level 5*

Or "do not use this device as a bomb shelter" (Indiana Jones notwithstanding).

Often these types of manuals have instructions in English, Spanish, French, German and other languages.

~Jeff

Archived