Sync in ver 10

Ever since Evernote released version 10, the sync just does not play ball. Where once there was perfect syncing, and any device could be jumped to and updates simply happened in near real time and could be trusted to have happened, now the opposite seems true. (I use desktop mac and pc a lot, and iOS)

So, being on a paid tier, and with the syncing being absolutely key to my Evernote experience, it has become unusable and untrustworthy in this regard so I have made the transition to Apple Notes.

Before I cancel my Evernote (which I've had to make sure I am in a position to do by getting all my notes into Apple Notes), and after years and years of being a perfectly happy customer, are Evernote fixing this, or is it as I fear, unfixable within the limitations of how they've now coded their desktop apps to have a more shareable code-base, between mac and pc.

I assume Evernote can't fix it, and have painted themselves into a corner due to the strategic decision of how to develop the new version of the product, and since last year there is nothing that can be done. If true, fair enough, I'll cancel my subscription and move forward with Apple Notes.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Mike Mouse said:

I assume Evernote can't fix it

Hi.  You're showing as a Basic customer here,  so will have no access to Support* if you have already ended your subscription,  but

1. This is the first complaint I've seen about significant sync issues.  There are 200M+ users.
  2. I'm still on Legacy (which would have been an option for you on desktop devices).  I have no problems (I'm aware of) with sync.
  3. As a subscriber you could certainly have obtained some help on syncing issues if the online support didn't help - Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues
  4. Evernote need to have some idea of what the problem is - if indeed there is one - before they can try to 'fix it'.

* Sorry:  not entirely true.  See - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

• Like 1

Hi, sorry, my login here is on an email address separate to the one which I run my paid subscription, hence why it shows that way on here

Yes, the legacy app doesn't have sync problems, and that is how people are getting around the problem, hardly ideal.

So, unless I remain on the legacy app, as is, there are problems.

There are plenty of people complaining about the sync, just one example:

Here's another (there's lots of these kinds of issues being talked about)

• Level 5

EN claims that it syncs right away. Notes that have not yet synced are marked as such. When everything is in sync, it shows a message in the bottom right corner of the desktop screen.

What I find remarkable is that the mobile client has a full syncing option …

11 hours ago, Mike Mouse said:

There are plenty of people complaining about the sync,

Did you notice the dates of the two posts? Things have improved massively in the last 7 months. For me everything now seems to work fine. Like @gazumped I also suggest you raise a support ticket.

Syncing a screenshot is sometimes problematic: while it immediately arrives in the legacy, the latest V10 refuses to update. Even after a cold start, it doesn't notice the new screenshot! How can I force a sync in V10 ?

27 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Syncing a screenshot is sometimes problematic:

How are you generating the screenshot and on what platform? If it's done locally on the desktop app using the capture screen function it should appear immediately (and then sync up to the server). If it is done in the webclipper then it should be immediately available in the web version of EN but take a few seconds/minutes to arrive in the desktop. 

28 minutes ago, Mike P said:

How are you generating the screenshot and on what platform? If it's done locally on the desktop app using the capture screen function it should appear immediately (and then sync up to the server). If it is done in the webclipper then it should be immediately available in the web version of EN but take a few seconds/minutes to arrive in the desktop. 

28 minutes ago, Mike P said:

on windows platform, using ctrl alt S

5 minutes ago, eric99 said:

on windows platform, using ctrl alt S

I don't think this is a syncing problem. The screen capture is done on your computer and added to EN on your computer. It then syncs up to the server. When I use alt-ctrl-S I get a Windows notification message:

image.png.e3c9d806b8fe8158512eb4a82119ec76.png

and the screenshot is immediately available in my default notebook with the title as shown in the Windows notification.

Are you sure the screenshot is actually being taken? You could try the icon (click the elephant icon and then use the capture screen icon). Also EN will not do a full screen capture by default - you need to drag a Window to get it to capture anything.

After restarting my PC, ctrl-alt-s works again; the screenshot is immediately available in my default notebook with the title as shown in the Windows notification!  (cold starting EN was not sufficient)

• Like 1