Remove unnecessary photo background from home screen/restore lost space

Sails

Idea

The so-called "background" photo uses up a quarter of my mobile screen in wasted space.  Please remove it or else make it optional.  It should be possible for the whole screen to be used for note-related information, not wasted on irrelevant images.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 replies to this idea

Agree.. what's the purpose ?! 

That whole home screen is just a barrier to content - the opposite to what it was probably intended for.
The whole widget thing feels too gimmicky.. as a user I just wants access to notes... so customisable shortcuts to either Notes or Notebooks is as complicated as it needs to be.

Some real daft UI decisions being made lately.

• Like 1

Agreed!  The irrelevant image wastes valuable screen space and is visually confusing. 

There does seem to be a workaround of sorts: I deleted the various new widgets, then went back to Notebooks in the sidebar and selected my most-used notebook. That is now what I see when I launch the iOS or Mac Evernote app, approximating the pre "upgrade" experience. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Some like it, some don’t. I use an own photo, and it sets the mood for me when I open EN. I have no problem that it takes a few cm from the top of the screen on my iPad Pro 10.5.

About seeing home on open, there are voting threads to set a switch for home or notes view.

Home will gain for me when there is a Tasks widget added. This is announced and will probably be released soon.