[Request] Insert Timestamp

CosmicVoyager

Idea

Greetings,

I often add to a note over days or weeks, and would like to know when I made each addition. Please add an Insert Timestamp button or item to the Insert menu to automatically type the day, date, and time in a note. It would be very convenient.

Thanks

• Like 2

5 replies to this idea

Greetings,

It is cumbersome, awkward, and time consuming to use the two keyboard combos on Mac for the date and then the time every time I want to insert a date and time stamp, which is very often.

Date Stamp (Shift + Command + D) then Time Stamp (Option + Shift + Command + D)

Please add the function to the plus drop down menu to greatly simplify this for me.

Thanks

• Level 5*

As a work-around, some platforms include a keyboard shortcut to insert a date/time stamp (command-shift+D on my Mac)

I use a keyboard shortcut to trigger insertion via a third party product (Keyboard Maestro).       
This allows me to control the format 

• Level 5

Not any keyboard shortcut available will be added as a menu position - it would simply blow up the menus without adding real value for some of the shortcuts. To make it work, there is no need to add it to the menus.

Furthermore I agree with the proposal @DTLow posted: Use another software to automate workflows that are beyond the reach of a standard apps function setup. App designers can‘t cover any aspect of every personal workflow build around their app. This „I habitually do this and that, and feel it should be better supported …“ is missing the point wether the feature would really add value for a large part of all users.

• Evernote Expert

In Windows I use Auto-Hotkey to create keyboard shortcuts to simplify my use of several pieces of software. For Evernote I have Alt+Shift+; which types in the current date and time. (Actually it will do the same thing for any application but I have it for Evernote). It works reliably. I think it was @CalS that shared this solution when Evernote v10 was first released.