Saving MS Word document in a note - lost revisions

The following has now happened three times in 24 hours to me.

I have an MS Word document stored in a note.  I open it from the note. Make revisions to the document. Resave and close the document.  Hours later I go back to the note and open the document again. The revisions are not there.

My guess is that EN is not updating to the new document or syncing a prior EN note to the current note causing a loss of the update.

I have several other documents not stored in EN that I have been using and have no issue with holding onto revisions.

Seems to be another instance of the upgrade being a downgrade.

• Level 5

In v10 the revisions will NOT update themselves into the original note / attachment. This was possible with the per-v10 clients, but times, they are changing ...

You need to export, edit, save the document and then create a new note from it. 

Not really a good workflow, and one of the reasons for me to stick with EN legacy for the time being.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, ScottSimmonds said:

My guess is that EN is not updating to the new document or syncing a prior EN note to the current note causing a loss of the update.

I just tested with two documents;; a .pages file and a .numbers file
The documents were stored in Evernote as note attachment files

Both documents were edited and the updated documents uploaded to Evernote
I checked on the web and documents were sync'd correctly

what exactly do you mean by "revisions"? just changing some parts of the .doc by typing text or is this specific to follow-up (track changes) changes only? could this make a difference? not sure...

I'm using a lot Pages and Number documents attached to notes, as DTLow mentioned above, and do not have any issues to get changes saved back to these attachments. I just close the window of Pages or Numbers sheet and all changes are applied to the Evernote note attachments automatically.

If tested with following steps, it seems to work:

- Make test Word document and write one line of text.
- Save document to local disk and close Word application
- Make a new note in Evernote 10 Client
- Attach Word document
- Open Attached Word Document and add line of text
- Save & Close Word application
- Open Attached Word document -> New line of text is in Document.

Used version 10.7.6 on Windows 10 in this test.

In the past it didn't work, so i did not use it anymore.
But this seems to work fine now, but no guarantees from me... I lost work (day's) in the past, so is I'll hesitate to use it. (That's one of the reasons I've switched to other application, can't trust EN anymore...)