EN 10.7.6 no more text adding between pictures

Hi, when I add some pictures in a note they do not have a blank line between them. Before 10.7.6 I could click on a photo, press enter and then there was a blank line added between photos/pictures so I could add text. Now when I select a picture and press "Enter" the picture is deleted. So adding text between pictures is somehow hardly possible anymore. You have cut the photo out. Add a line, then paste the image back. What?! This seems to be introduced in web as well with the actual update. I am quite frustrated since adding several pictures and lateron commenting to them is a regular use case for me.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Alxa said:

Hi, when I add some pictures in a note they do not have a blank line between them. Before 10.7.6 I could click on a photo, press enter and then there was a blank line added between photos/pictures so I could add text. Now when I select a picture and press "Enter" the picture is deleted. So adding text between pictures is somehow hardly possible anymore. You have cut the photo out. Add a line, then paste the image back. What?! This seems to be introduced in web as well with the actual update. I am quite frustrated since adding several pictures and lateron commenting to them is a regular use case for me.

That is strange. I've just checked and this isn't happening for me on 10.7.6. The behaviour you are seeing is what I would expect to happen in a windows app and it has always been odd that selecting and pressing enter adds a line rather than deletes the image. What is the origin of the images? Mine were pasted in form a 3rd party screen capture utility. 

I hope other users can give it a try and report their findings.

The images are taken and added to a note by the Android App of EN. But even when dropping multiple jpeg photos to EN windows in a single drop they are aligned one under the other without any spaces between no chance to add text between as described. 

53 minutes ago, Alxa said:

The images are taken and added to a note by the Android App of EN. But even when dropping multiple jpeg photos to EN windows in a single drop they are aligned one under the other without any spaces between no chance to add text between as described. 

I've just added 4 jpegs to a note (by drag and drop). They appear as you describe with no spaces between them. However for me selecting one and pressing enter inserts a space between. Very strange. I hope somebody else will try and see if they can cast any light on it. Definitely a problem but obviously inconsistent. 

2 hours ago, Alxa said:

I noticed this too.

In the 6.25 app, I normally do the same, hit enter generate space, type something and then drop the photo etc.

V10 does not let me do the same.

• Level 5

As long as the picture itself is selected, it will be overwritten (= deleted) when you press any key, including Enter. To add a line of empty space or text between two pictures, click on the picture, then type a right arrow (to move the cursor „beside“ the picture), and now type enter.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately in my scenario typing right arrow moves on to the next picture. This means, the next picture will be selected. It is not possible to place the cursor beside or in between the pictures. I checked it with Web 10.7.5, same problem.

• Level 5

Just tried it, v10.7.6 on MacOS.

Using the arrow keys does not select the next picture. So it does avoid to accidentaly erase the picture when typing Enter.

It is not a good solution, because you still can't really see where the cursor is placed. So instead of adding a blank line between the two desired picture, it sometimes added a blank line below the next picture.

But the new line was there, and it was possible to select a picture and move it line by line into the right position. The placement of the picture was indicated by a horizontal blue line.

Anyhow IMHO the best way to place pictures in EN is to create a table, and place each picture into one table cell.

10 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

As long as the picture itself is selected, it will be overwritten (= deleted) when you press any key, including Enter.

I agree that this is the expected behaviour for any Windows app. However this is not my experience in 10.7.6. If I select an image (blue bounding box visible and the menu appears above it) and press enter a new line is created underneath the image. If I press right arrow it selects the next image.

I'm also used to insert more than one picture and to add lines and descriptions thereafter in between the pictures.

Tried now on actual web v10.7.5 with 3 (smaller) pictures dragged and dropped into the content.

The pictures got displayed both next to each other in on line / paragraph. If I select one of them left or right arrow wil select the other on but won't insert a cursor between the pictures to add some space, a line or a paragraph.

If I'm right before v10.7.5 the pictures would have been inserted in separate lines and the cursor could have been inserted between the pictures as described with the arrow keys.

But even on v10.7.5 there is still a simple (new) workaround now for me:

1. just adding a view empty lines below / after the inserted pictures and then
  2. placing the second, third ... picture ad a proper place further below with drag and drop.
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, HeBoIz said:

If I select one of them left or right arrow wil select the other on but won't insert a cursor between the pictures to add some space, a line or a paragraph.

Did you try pressing enter rather than using the arrow keys? For me on Window or the web it inserts a line between the images.

On windows as well and have your exact same problem. I'm guessing it has something to do with a specific type of windows device in addition to the version of evernote you're using for this bug to appear. My laptop can convert into a tablet so it might be some funny cross platform thing.

Today I tried  [Ctrl Shift] + [Enter] while a following image was selected - don‘t know why - but this helped:

I got a free line before the image...

correction, 2021-02-09:

• not [Ctrl]+[Enter] did the job, it was [Shift] + [Enter]
  • the logic seems simple: while 'Enter' is supposed to insert a new paragraph and to move the cursor to the next paragraph, 
    [Shift] + [Enter] inserts a paragraph above/before the current selection and moves cursor to the new (previous) paragraph..
    (comparable with direction change using [Shift] + [Tab]...)

• Like 1

I just tried this on my windows machine...it exactly does nothing when hitting Ctrl + Enter...on my EN 10.7.6 for windows...strange that it is behaving so unpredictable over different setups. I am also using a convertible windows tablet. Mine is connected to a normal USB keyboard.

14 hours ago, Alxa said:

I just tried this on my windows machine...it exactly does nothing when hitting Ctrl + Enter...on my EN 10.7.6 for windows...strange that it is behaving so unpredictable over different setups. I am also using a convertible windows tablet. Mine is connected to a normal USB keyboard.

my fault: not [Ctrl]+[Enter] did the job in my case , it was [Shift] + [Enter], see above...

Thanks for adding this info. I again tried [Shift]+[Enter] and it behaves as pressing [Enter] only - that is deleting the selected image. Strange phenomenon. Hoping it will be fixed, that we all see the expected behaviour again.