iTunes upgrade from Basic to Premium not registered

Hi there,

I am very annoyed at having lost a month's paid subscription, it is not possible to write to you in any way and your guides are totally inadequate to solve the problem.
I have duly paid a subscription proven by iTunes invoice which I am unable through all your instructions to restore in any way.

I expect to receive an email address to send privately the invoice and personal references to regularise my position.

Thank you,
Debora

• Level 5

Plus if this doesn’t help, you can issue a support ticket.

Sign into your account, preferably on the web client, select the arrows top right beside your name, and select support ticket.

As ticket type you need to choose „Account“, because Basic users are not entitled to other types of support tickets.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/23/2021 at 4:01 PM, DeboraBotta1974 said:

Hi there,

I am very annoyed at having lost a month's paid subscription, it is not possible to write to you in any way and your guides are totally inadequate to solve the problem.
I have duly paid a subscription proven by iTunes invoice which I am unable through all your instructions to restore in any way.

I expect to receive an email address to send privately the invoice and personal references to regularise my position.

Thank you,
Debora

i have exactly the same problem, if i knew i would have never renew my subscription (user since 2008..). I just payed via itunes and:

1. it's not recognised

2. impossible to find any way to contact evernote support

3. the help page about this problem is useless 

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, notdefined said:

2. impossible to find any way to contact evernote support

Hi.  If you paid via iTunes,  they are the ones you need to contact... but see the comments and links above.

• Level 5

If you "just" paid, and you have been Basic before (not on automatic renewal), it may take a couple of days for the new subscription to trickle down from iTunes to the EN servers. Usually it is a few hours, but I would allow up to 3-4 days.

To contact support, you need to log into EN (best would be the web site) and go to support via the help page. Select "account" as ticket type, because for a Basic user this is the only ticket type allowed. They can't resolve issues with iTunes.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2021 at 11:32 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  If you paid via iTunes,  they are the ones you need to contact... but see the comments and links above.

Absolutely not. I tried to upgrade from Plus to Premium as well (in my Evernote iPhone app, latest version). I received a confirmation through an iOS on screen message plus corresponding emails from Apple about the upgrade. Even on my iPhone under "subscriptions" it shows that I am now apparently a Premium subscriber. The only party who does not acknowledge that I updated (and paid) is Evernote. Therefore, they must be the one to contact.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, FBZ said:

The only party who does not acknowledge that I updated (and paid) is Evernote. Therefore, they must be the one to contact.

Evernote apparently don't know that you paid Apple, otherwise your subscription level would have been changed. Apple will be able to give them the account / reference number of their transfer to confirm things.  But you clearly know best - good luck with that.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Evernote apparently don't know that you paid Apple, otherwise your subscription level would have been changed. Apple will be able to give them the account / reference number of their transfer to confirm things.  But you clearly know best - good luck with that.

In the meanwhile i contacted evernote and they solved it. It was apparently a problem in the "sync" between evernote and my payement. So it's solved now. (apple was not faulty here, to my knowledge).

• Like 3
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

I put this matter in my own hands by opening a ticket with Evernote and attaching Apple's invoice. I hope it doesn't take them too long to resolve this.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Steven Eff said:

I emailed the team with my receipt email when this happened to me. They contacted me in 3hrs confirming they'd fixed it and upped my upload limit to 20GB for one month to say sorry. Brilliant help!

Same here. My upgrade issue has been resolved as well. Appreciate the support.

• Like 1

I just ran into the same problem. Upgraded to premium (from plus) via the iPhone app today. Got the confirmation email from Apple. No upgrade in the Evernote app, even after going through all the recommended steps.

And now I can’t log in on the web at all. EN no longer recognizes my email address for login. 😞 

I’ve sent an email to EN support. What a mess. I can’t recommend that anyone upgrade at this point. 

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

I just ran into the same problem. Upgraded to premium (from plus) via the iPhone app today. Got the confirmation email from Apple. No upgrade in the Evernote app, even after going through all the recommended steps.

And now I can’t log in on the web at all. EN no longer recognizes my email address for login. 😞 

I’ve sent an email to EN support. What a mess. I can’t recommend that anyone upgrade at this point. 

<Sigh> It may have escaped your notice, but Evernote and Apple are two separate organisations. Sometimes comms between them are not quick. If you'd upgraded on Evernote.com and had problems, I would have been sympathetic to your criticism of Evernote. As it is - maybe you should check with iTunes to make sure the payment went through? 

• Like 1
On 4/24/2021 at 5:20 PM, gazumped said:

<Sigh> It may have escaped your notice, but Evernote and Apple are two separate organisations. Sometimes comms between them are not quick. If you'd upgraded on Evernote.com and had problems, I would have been sympathetic to your criticism of Evernote. As it is - maybe you should check with iTunes to make sure the payment went through? 

No thanks for the oozing condescension. 

The payment went through. The upgrade did not.

If Evernote can’t handle Plus subscribers upgrading through the app, they might consider modifying the big “Upgrade!” links at the top of the screen that lead you to do just that. 

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

If Evernote can’t handle Plus subscribers upgrading through the app, they might consider modifying the big “Upgrade!” links at the top of the screen that lead you to do just that. 

If you read the thread you're posting in,  everyone else seems happy and got sorted out - at least you now have enough information to contact Evernote and get upgraded...

54 minutes ago, gazumped said:

If you read the thread you're posting in,  everyone else seems happy and got sorted out - at least you now have enough information to contact Evernote and get upgraded...

Thanks. I contacted them 2 days ago. No solution yet. 

7 hours ago, gazumped said:

Those darn weekends keep on getting in the way.  If you can quote your ticket number here I can ask an Admin to maybe expedite things for you... 

Thanks. It’s 3302578.

I’ve requested a refund from Apple. And if I ever do decide to try to upgrade again, I’ll know to avoid doing it through the app. That’s assuming I’ll have access via the web again, which is also now broken for some reason. 

I’m a fan of Evernote, but this has been not been a good experience. To put it mildly.

Got a response from EN. 

They strongly suggest that I wait to upgrade until after my annual Plus subscription expires. (The app says it will expire on “invalid date,” so who knows.)

And they said EN Web doesn’t work on mobile devices.

So that was my adventure trying to upgrade to Premium. 

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

And they said EN Web doesn’t work on mobile devices.

Which is,  and has been true for several years - the assumption if you're using the Web access is that you use a desktop - or can browse on a tablet and get to the web version from there...

Due respect to EN - there's an added downside if you upgrade from Basic rather than Plus:  if you downgrade again after the fact,  you might in one case be able to argue going back to Plus.  In the other,  you'd lose access to Plus altogether because it's no longer available as an option.

In the (I'm guessing) unlikely event that you want to try again,  I'd suggest that you upgrade from your 'My Account' page on Evernote.com and pay them direct before the existing account expires back to Basic.  That way you may be able to go back to Plus if you decide later to downgrade again.

However,  I'm just another user and they're the Elephant - and it's entirely your choice!  Sorry for the experience - EN seems a bit of a mess right now.  😏